5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"new" brush guards for us...

reamer
From the FTE site.
Thanks to SCFlareside for this...

Have some great news - It looks like we DO have a source for Grille and Brush guards for our trucks.

Recently I found a Grille Guard after a LONG search, & I know others have had a hard time finding them too - pretty much limited to junkyards and eBay. After finding mine, I set about looking for a shop or vendor that could replicate it, and who would make them available to the community.

I knew that Sterling Equipment in Orlando FL still made classic roll bars, so I reached out to them. I told our story, and offered to send my tracing... It turns out that they still have all the old CAD files for the brush and grille guards for our trucks.

Wade, who I believe is the owner, is very knowledgeable and was around with them in the 80s when they made and stocked these for the then-current Ford trucks. Basically, what we have here is an aftermarket manufacturer who will dust off the old blueprints, and make them again for anyone, no minimum order / group buy needed.

So here's the scoop: •These are all fully MIG-welded, and powder coated in semi gloss black. Flat and gloss black is also available if you want as an option.
•The side pieces mount through the four bumper bolt holes and into the frame, which is just as strong as the J-Hook style and offers better clearance.
•The sides come down to the outside of the bumper bolts.

The center piece only, or Grille Guard, is available as the base model.
"The Legacy Base Model (2 – crosstubes + light mount tabs) –
Part# 584C @ $250.00 + shipping (this will ship byUPS Ground)

The Grille Guard plus Brush Guard (extending out to cover the lights) is available and is shown below. Wade wrote "This is the legacy profile andlayout for the unit we made at that time."

Part# 184C @ $ 350.00 (pictured below)

Here is their website: Web: www.sterling-equipment.comThey also have a Facebook presence: https://www.facebook.com/SterlingEquipment/

1981 Flareside Bed

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message  

#2   Add to SCFlareside's Reputation   Report Post  

Old Today, 01:04 AM  

SCFlareside
Senior User

SCFlareside has a very good reputation on FTE.SCFlareside has a very good reputation on FTE.SCFlareside has a very good reputation on FTE.SCFlareside has a very good reputation on FTE.

More info and options

Here is more info: They have other options available and can do various custom builds. Different hoops for the brush guards, three bars on the Grille Guards... WINCH MOUNTS....

The drawings below are basic but you get the idea

GRILLE & BRUSH GUARDS

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
- All Grille & Brush Guards are constructed to orderfor the specific vehicle. Made In The USA!
- Full 5/16” Mild Steel Side Plates – Laser Cut
- Grill Guard Tubes: 2 1/4"od x .083" Wall MildSteel Tubing
- Brush Guard Hoops - Wrap-Around Style & Flat Style:1 1/4"od x .083" Wall Mild Steel Tubing

- One-Piece Fully MIG Welded Construction

- 2 Auxiliary Light Mount Points (Additional Mount PointsAvailable At Time Of Order)
- Powder Coated Finish - Semi-Gloss Black (Sorry, NOCHROME/STAINLESS/ALUMINUM)
- Complete Installation Hardware And Instructions

GUARD MODELS:

-Gator Model Brush Guard / Grill Guard-- Part# 84C-G @$500.00 + Freight
(Traditional Model Brush Guard / Grill Guard below plusGator Option, Jammer Option, 3rd Bar Option, Euro or 2” over-riderOption, and Wires Option listed below)

-Traditional Model Brush Guard / Grill Guard-- Part# 84C-T@ $375.00 + Freight
(Base Model Grill Guard below with integrated TraditionalNon-Wrap Style Brush Guard Hoops)

-Base Model Grill Guard -- with third cross tube added Part# 84C-B @ $300.00 + Freight
(Two steel side plates, three cross tubes, and twoauxiliary light mount points)

OPTIONS:
-G: 2"ODround tube brush guard hoops. Option for Traditional Model Package only @ +$45.00.

- To order add "-G"suffix to part #

-W: forcombination grill guard & brush guard models only. Horizontal 3/8"wire rod screen in brush guard hoops (wrap-around and flat style brush guardhoops) @ + $105.00

- to order add"-W" suffix to combo part #

-B : third acrosstube added at base of guard @ + $32.50.
 - to order add"-B" suffix to part #

-J: 1 1/2"wide steel backbone added to steel side plate edge with full length vinyloverlay pad. @ + $85.00

- to order add"-J" suffix to part #

-E : 1.25” hoodbar on top of guard only or span between brush guard hoops on brush guardmodels @ + $37.50.

- to order add"-E" suffix to part #

-S : 2" tubeover-rider Bar (center hood bar) on top of guard @ + $42.50.

- to order add"-S" suffix to part #

-AR : 2" boxreceiver mount added to bottom of winch cradle. @ + $65.00.

- to order add"-AR" suffix to part #

-L : Light barcross bar for mounting 4 auxiliary light mount points just above winch.Drilling required. @ + $90.00
 - to order add "-L" suffix topart #

-WP: Add low-profile mount series 3/8”steel cradle for mounting all low-profile mount winches. @ + $125.00
 - to order add“WP” to part number – example: 84CWP-B for Base Model configuration

WadeP. Rogers
SterlingEquipment & Mfg. Co. Of Central Florida, Inc.
803Line St.
Umatilla,FL 32784
Ph352) 669-3255
Fx352-669-7711

Email:wade.rogers@sterling-equipment.com
Web:www.sterling-equipment.com

1981 Flareside Bed  
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "new" brush guards for us...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That is good news!  I'm not in the market for one as I have a winch bumper on Big Blue and Dad's truck will be more "sport", but if I were in the market I'd be part of a group buy.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

T150vee
In reply to this post by reamer
Has anyone ordered a bodyguard for their bullnose from this place? Could you share your experience? Thank you!
 V from SD
1986 Flareside 302 EFI 4 speed
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Maybe you can be the first and tell us how you like it?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by reamer
I dont see the picture.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed