classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

intro

Jcris
Hello.
My name is John Cris and I'm living in Monterey, Ca. I'm retired and spend some time wrenching and sometimes even enjoying working on cars/trucks. Especially when a family member gets stuck. Last year I began working on my brother-in-laws 86 F150. It had been sitting under a tree in his front yard for a few years and was going nowhere unless I took an interest. It's a 4x4 with a 302 or 351 with an automatic trans. It needed all kinds of love which I was willing to give but of late I've run into a stumbling block. And so I googled it and here I am.
I've wrenched all my life, most of the time to save a buck but also because a fair amount of automotive repair is very straight forward. I can handle the easier stuff and leave the real problems for the pro's. For me, these types of forums can  help bridge the gap between the easy stuff and more difficult troubleshooting. My background is in construction with a lot of time spent in commercial plumbing and electrical. I've never rebuilt a motor or transmission but have done most things in between.
 I will post more about the 86' in another message and will be actively reading along.
My best to the group in this new year,
Jcris
1986 F150 4x4, with transplanted 1991 302 with automatic trans
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: intro

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum!  

I, too, am retired, albeit from IT in my case.  And, I've wrenched all my life, but am learning that in this phase of my life if I want to get things done more quickly I'll farm them out.  Like paint/body work, engine and tranny building, etc.  But, there are sooooo many things I want to do on my trucks that aren't reasonable to farm out, so I get a bit involved.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI