8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

hello!, 1981 f-250 camper UK

doni10
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone my name's doni,

am currently in the process of trying to restore and renovate a, (soon to be once again), beautiful 1981 ford f-250.
have really been enjoying working on the truck, (40 years of jumbled electrics aside!), even if getting parts around here is a bleedin' nightmare!
so happy to have stumbled across this amazing resource, look forward to posting some pics soon of progress!

have a couple of questions already if any of you knowledgeable folk would be so kind as to help me out!

thanks.

carb question - http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/assistance-please-carter-carb-questions-tp49276.html

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/engine-control-module-question-tp49278.html

1981 F-250 camper, 4.9l inline 6, RWD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: hello!, 1981 f-250 camper UK

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hello, Doni!  Welcome to the forum.  

Cool truck!  You say it's an '81, and it has the right grille for that, but the hood should have FORD across it.  Interesting.  

So we don't have to ask each time, how 'bout creating a signature with details about your truck as well as your name - we like to use names as it makes it more personal.  (See the Signature tab on the Bullnose Forum/FAQ's page in the menu for instructions.)

What part of the UK are you in?  I used to live near London and worked in the West End, so know it a bit.  In fact, I'm coming back this autumn to visit.

Anyway, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd love to put you on it if I had a city/village.

As for your questions, you can ask them in this thread, but it is best if you start a new thread in the main section, maybe one to track the progress on your truck.

Speaking of that, is it called a "caravan"?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

doni10
hi gary,

my name's doni, i'm actually from london myself. will work on the footer profile thing now!

the truck im sure originally did have the ford across, but doesnt now as instead it has a mix of white tape and expanding foam covering a lot of rusty holes!.

am just about to order some replacment panels tomorrow, need a fender, a door and a hood. have been delaying it as it works out super expensive with shipping
envious of u guys with the pick n pulls!

- 'caravan' is the boring type. this is called a 'badass truck reality avoidance vehicle' : )
1981 F-250 camper, 4.9l inline 6, RWD
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Doni - You are on the map, although I kinda doubt you live in Trafalgar Square where it put you.  

And that would make sense that you don't have the FORD letters if the hood is that rusted out.

How 'bout posting a pic of the certification label that may be on the driver's door jamb?  I'm curious about the information on it.

Speaking of the driver's door, is yours left-hand drive?  That's gotta be fun over there.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by doni10
doni10 wrote
envious of u guys with the pick n pulls!
First off, welcome!

Second, you'd be surprised. I only have two pick and pulls in my area, and only one of them has bullnose trucks. They have three total, two of which are picked clean and the other is only a cab forward. Not much left to find unfortunately. Back in 2008 my favorite pick and pull used to have no fewer than ten bullnose trucks for a few years. Now, they don't have anything older than 1997.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Ditto, there has only been one bullnose in my pick and pull in the last 3 years unfortunately and the supply of parts trucks are slime to none... now in TN a different story, I need to take a drive there. There are a few members here who seem like they have a picking playground available.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Welcome!

Where in London? I am from Enfield, but live in the USA now, been her 14 years... I still head back a few times a year and even catch the odd Spurs game!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"