fusebox wire harness 1986 f150

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

fusebox wire harness 1986 f150

Shizimp
I'm looking for a fuse box wire harness that will work for a 1986 f150.  It needs to come from a truck that has A/C, power windows & door locks.  Thanks.
1986 F-150, 4X4 short bed XL.  Power windows/door locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: fusebox wire harness 1986 f150

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.  Hope someone has what you are looking for.

However, in the email I just sent you were specifically requested to "go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck."  The intent there is to ensure you've had an opportunity to read the guidelines, which all members will be held to.

So please go do that and tell us a bit about yourself - in the New Members Start Here folder.  That way at least you've been on the page where the guidelines are.

Meanwhile, maybe someone has what you are needing.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Shizimp
Yes I'm sorry just saw that!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You've now posted there, so I can assume you read the guidelines.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Shizimp
For what it's worth, I used the fuse box from a 1990 F350. The actual box is the same from 1980-1991, they're just mounted differently in 87-91. I found that the large majority of the wiring colors were the same with the same functions. If you cannot find what you need in an 80-86, you do have the 87-91 option if you're not afraid of splicing wiring and/or switching out each terminal one by one which is the way I did it.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Don't worry about limiting your search by power windows/locks. That is a separate harness with some push in fuse retaining blocks. If you find a truck with all of it, great but don't turn one away just for missing those.

Now 'fuse box wire harness'. What exactly are you looking for and how much of it? That whole harness is big - includes a lot of stuff across the dash and through the firewall.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Shizimp
kramttocs wrote
Don't worry about limiting your search by power windows/locks. That is a separate harness with some push in fuse retaining blocks. If you find a truck with all of it, great but don't turn one away just for missing those.

Now 'fuse box wire harness'. What exactly are you looking for and how much of it? That whole harness is big - includes a lot of stuff across the dash and through the firewall.
Thanks for the guidance; I appreciate the help.  I had an electrical fire; basically all of the wiring behind the dash needs to be replaced.  With that clarification; don't I need to find one with auto windows/doors?
Reply | Threaded
|

Shizimp
In reply to this post by salans7
Thanks for this salan7. Honestly I'm not doing the work, my mechanic is; and while he agrees this would work, the labor would end up costing me!
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Hey. Yes, the 'across the dash' and fuse box wiring for the windows/locks is likely shot with the rest. I just wanted to let you know that it is separate and can be found/added later if needed.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio