Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

for sale in CT.

rcarlisle
high dollar but it's nice.

http://www.autoarcheologist.com/1984-ford-f-150--4x4--short-bed--4-speed.html
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: for sale in CT.

1986F150Six
Administrator
Purdy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Andrew1983F100
In reply to this post by rcarlisle
very nice for sure
1983 F100 302 2WD Base Model Short Bed
Wimbledon White
Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
$28,500??  That seems quite high to me.  I was thinking this looks like a $15K truck.  Am I completely off?
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
It's nowhere near my reality, so it doesn't matter to me.  THere's a butt for every seat usually, though.

David, the guy that has the site, told me he is getting more and more requests for trucks like this though.   People who use his services are more affluent than me.  David says folks are asking for nice older, simpler $20K trucks they can drive, fix, and use instead of $40K plus for a new truck.

I'm up to $4300 in my truck now and it still looks rough and still needs more.  I've spent $1500 as of yesterday in less than a month just to get it to "acceptable" level for me and I set a pretty low bar.  Still need probably that much more to get it to a point where it would be ready for a paint job.  BUT my truck is pretty much ready to go to the dump, haul furniture, get a load of mulch.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
That thing is nice!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
The retail value of a collectible vehicle has little to do with the cost required to take a vehicle from rusty or incomplete project to ready for retail sale.  This is especially true of vehicles in the low range of value such as these trucks when compared to 6 figure highly valuable collector cars. Heck, most of these finished trucks that are well above average in quality would be worth far more in parts when stripped then a completed truck ready to enjoy/love.
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
66gtk wrote
The retail value of a collectible vehicle has little to do with the cost required to take a vehicle from rusty or incomplete project to ready for retail sale.  This is especially true of vehicles in the low range of value such as these trucks when compared to 6 figure highly valuable collector cars. Heck, most of these finished trucks that are well above average in quality would be worth far more in parts when stripped then a completed truck ready to enjoy/love.
Very well said! This is why I like getting out to the local weekly cruise-ins and weekend car-shows. I'm surrounded by "My People"...lol (Those that understand what it's like to spend thousands of dollars over a vehicles value to rehab/refinish it). If you don't enjoy that process and the hundreds (or thousands?) of hours to get there, it's a very difficult concept to understand.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I grew up in this culture so I get it.  My wife does NOT understand it at all, EXCEPT, last weekend I had to have her set of hands to help.   After that, she was bragging on what we had done in one day.  Hopefully she will come around, as I get little bits and pieces fixed up and it starts looking better.  

I don't want to restore mine to showroom new.  Not sure what it would be called.  Not a "rat" because I am trying to fix it - kinda "survivor" I guess.   Little rough, but safe and reliable.   And comfortable to ride in.  
Randy