dash lights

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dash lights

scbill
Is there a way to replace the bulb(s) at the light/wiper switch without removing the cluster panel?

1983 F 100....Bill
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dash lights

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bill - You have to remove the bezel, which means removing several screws and the wiper and headlight knobs.  But with the bezel off you can slide the cover off the bulb and change the bulb.  I don't know any other way.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
IIRC, there are only 3 screws across the top of the bezel, holding it to the dash & pad.  This shows how to remove the knobs:

I think it's also necessary to back out the screw in the column shroud, spread it, and slip it off before the bezel can come up.  But it's super-easy - no reason to look for another way.
Reply | Threaded
|

scbill
That's what I was thinking, I've had the cluster out, changing bulbs,etc, not that big a deal, the column shroud is off already...Thanks  Bill

FWIW...If your truck has the speed sensor under the hood @ the steering column, take the speedo cable off there, makes the removal of the cable from the speedo easier to get to for disconnecting.
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
scbill wrote
FWIW...If your truck has the speed sensor under the hood @ the steering column, take the speedo cable off there, makes the removal of the cable from the speedo easier to get to for disconnecting.
Oh, so disconnecting at the VSS lets you pull the cable, and therefore the cluster, further out in order to get your hand back there to disconnect.  Good idea!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI