Who has some sun visors?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who has some sun visors?

PetesPonies
A matched pair in decent shape. Light colors best, but open for any.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who has some sun visors?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Are you going back with the 1980 - 86 visors?  I wouldn't.  Instead, I'd go back with the later ones with clips on the inside ends.  Fixes the droop the Bullnose visors have.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I considered them. Let's see what I can find.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
Are you still looking for sun visors?  I have some, and can dig them out if you are still looking.  I think I have two pair of blue, one of which is NOS, a pair of brown, and a pair of maroon.  Don't remember how good they are, but will look if you are interested.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
Hello,
I am looking for a pair of blue visors!  Do you still have some you would consider for sale?

-rthenry145
'81 Custom F-100 I6, Style Side, A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I still have Bullnose blue sun visors, but if it were me I'd do as I've done and get the 1987 and later visors.  The outboard end screws in where the earlier ones go, but the inboard ends have a clip that keeps them from sagging.  I find that to be a huge improvement.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes!  I put brown ones in Big Blue and, while they don't match, they are a big improvement over the droopy blue ones.

I've heard that shimming the springs in them removes a lot of the droop, but I think the later ones are the way to go unless you are truly restoring.

Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
Awesome,  thanks for the heads up.  I'll purchase a pair from that link...
'81 Custom F-100 I6, Style Side, A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I also like to put another hook above the door so the visor doesn't swing into my head when I steer hard (or drive on a tilt).

...and I have a collection of visors for sale.  Mostly cloth '94-96 mocha dual, but a few older sets in other colors.  I'd have to dig through my junkpile to find a specific year or color.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I like that idea of placing another hook on the side!

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
And the grab handle for those who might benefit from it!