classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Well here I am the newbie.

Rodeoclown
I have an 86f350 351 c6 4wd 133
'86 F-350 4WD 5.8 C6 R/C SRW A/C XLT-under construction.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Well here I am the newbie.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Where's home?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I knew the city and state.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rodeoclown
My fault, York, PA 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 21:25 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!  Where's home?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I knew the city and state.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55593.html
To unsubscribe from Well here I am the newbie., click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Rodeoclown
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
York, PA 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 21:25 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!  Where's home?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I knew the city and state.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55593.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, you are now on the map.  But I know quite well where York is.  Used to live between Hockessin, DE and Kennett Sq, PA and have been through York several times.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rodeoclown
I thank you. 

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 00:35 grumpin [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 Suburban LT K2500 454 4L80E
2000 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 3.3 RE4R01A
Oregon

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55623.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Rodeoclown
Rodeoclown wrote
My fault, York, PA
Welcome aboard Rodeoclown. I used to travel to Lancaster PA every once in a while with a previous employer. I grabbed a free bumper sticker at one of the the PA highway stops one time that said "I stop for Shoefly Pie". I have no idea what Shoefly pie is...lol, must be an eastern PA thing? I stuck it on the window in my garage where it stayed for about 10 years until we replaced the windows a few years ago;).

In any case, well aboard!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Rodeoclown
Thanks Rembrant, shoefly pie is an actual desert. The primary filling components are a molasses based syrup and crumb used to stiffen the whole mess. There are two varieties, a wet or a dry bottom. I don't know how to tell the difference. They are not an attractive looking pie. The original idea is that the flies would be drawn to the molasses over the intended pie for dessert. The sacrificial lamp if you will. I never got into the idea personally. 

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 06:43 Rembrant [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rodeoclown wrote
My fault, York, PA
Welcome aboard Rodeoclown. I used to travel to Lancaster PA every once in a while with a previous employer. I grabbed a free bumper sticker at one of the the PA highway stops one time that said "I stop for Shoefly Pie". I have no idea what Shoefly pie is...lol, must be an eastern PA thing? I stuck it on the window in my garage where it stayed for about 10 years until we replaced the windows a few years ago;).

1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/GT40 heads, BBK headers, Holley 4bbl, XE256H Comp Cam, M5R2 5spd swap, Magnaflow full duals. Fresh Medium Blue Metallic in August 2019.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55635.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Rodeoclown - This is your thread and you can respond how you'd like.  But you should know that responding via email brings with it a LOT of baggage unless you delete it before you hit Send.  And, when you post in other's threads they may not appreciate all of that baggage.

To get rid of the baggage click the three dots, which I've circled in the screenshot below.  That will open up the response and show you all of the baggage that will come with it.  Simply highlight it all and hit delete before you hit Send.  And to show you what the baggage is in this case, I've turned it red - and will then edit my response and delete it after you've seen it.  😇
Three Dots.JPG

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 6:03 AM Rodeoclown [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Rembrant, shoefly pie is an actual desert. The primary filling components are a molasses based syrup and crumb used to stiffen the whole mess. There are two varieties, a wet or a dry bottom. I don't know how to tell the difference. They are not an attractive looking pie. The original idea is that the flies would be drawn to the molasses over the intended pie for dessert. The sacrificial lamp if you will. I never got into the idea personally. 

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 06:43 Rembrant [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rodeoclown wrote
My fault, York, PA

1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/GT40 heads, BBK headers, Holley 4bbl, XE256H Comp Cam, M5R2 5spd swap, Magnaflow full duals. Fresh Medium Blue Metallic in August 2019.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55635.html
NAML

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Well-here-I-am-the-newbie-tp55591p55638.html
To start a new topic under New Members Start Here, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bullnose Enthusiasts, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, to show you the difference, this is a response to the same post via the forum, meaning not via email.  No baggage and nothing to delete.  

As for that pie, having lived in the corner of PA, right next to DE, I've been to Lancaster many, many times.  And, I've tried many of the Dutch foods, including having gone to Mecca - the Shady Maple.  But I never tried that pie.  It just never sounded appealing.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Having just returned from SE PA (Delco)I really wanted to make a pilgrimage to Harley Heaven and sightsee the Susquehanna.
I think I would get to see a nice slice of Pennsylvania traveling across 30, but it seemed imprudent given the pandemic.

Maybe next time I'm down at my sister's.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I think I would get to see a nice slice of Pennsylvania traveling across 30, but it seemed imprudent given the pandemic.
One evening as we were coming back from Okiehoma to SE PA I-76 was, as usual, badly backed up.  So we got off on 30 around Breezewood.  And then the fog moved in.  Boy, was that a loooooong trip.  So slow, so many hills, so many towns.  I'm sure it would have been beautiful had it been daylight and no fog, but...