Weight at each corner

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Weight at each corner

Bulletproof250
Does anyone know the weight distribution of the F-250 or even any Longbed F-Series of this vintage? I curious for the modification of replacing my Leaf Springs with Coils, or Coilovers.
Thanks,
Alex

1984 F-250 Std Cab (a.k.a. Harrison), Dana 60 Rear, Dana 44HD Front, Ratio 3.54:1, 351W, 2bbl Motorcraft 2150, 4WD NP208 Transfer Case, 4-Speed Warner T-18..
Med Desert Tan Metallic ("Tan? ..not brown?" <= from CT DMV worker upon registering)

-Teach your Kids to Fish, Hunt, or get them into Cars, and they'll never have the time or money for drugs.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Weight at each corner

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know, but you can find the starting point to your answer by going to the 1983 Dealer Facts Book (Literature/1983 Literature/Dealer Facts Book), going to the Vehicles tab, then the F-Series 4x4 tab, and scrolling down to Page 18.  There you'll see the Curb Weight table with front and rear axle callouts.

HOWEVER, that is for a base vehicle.  You then need to add the weights for every single option, and it is amazing how many there are and how much they add up.  Engine, transmission, tires, radio, A/C, etc, etc.  And I don't seem to have that info loaded.

So, I'd take it to the scales and have it weighed front & rear.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Weight at each corner

Bulletproof250
This post was updated on .
Once I get it weighed up, I'll be sure to post my findings here.
Thanks,
Alex

1984 F-250 Std Cab (a.k.a. Harrison), Dana 60 Rear, Dana 44HD Front, Ratio 3.54:1, 351W, 2bbl Motorcraft 2150, 4WD NP208 Transfer Case, 4-Speed Warner T-18..
Med Desert Tan Metallic ("Tan? ..not brown?" <= from CT DMV worker upon registering)

-Teach your Kids to Fish, Hunt, or get them into Cars, and they'll never have the time or money for drugs.