classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
489 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Ray Cecil
Hey, how about a Sticky thread titled "Want to Buy", or "Wanted". I glanced through and didn't see one, maybe it exists already....
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
How's this: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Want-To-Buy-f25876.html?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
perfect...
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

BuggTruck
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Is there a way to allow zooming on pictures? Using a computer im sure it looks fine. On chrome on my android phone, i can not zoom in on picture or open picture in new tab. This make it difficult to see especially the page scans.

Is there a way to make the top title bar not move on the reply page (or less sensitive to scrolling). I keep accidently tapping on the home page as i scroll up to add stuff to my forum reply and the titledrops down as i tap. Have lost many forum replies this way.
1986 f150 2wd standard cab w/ac 302 5l v8 efi 175,000 miles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You can't zoom in on pics on an Android?  I'm able to zoom in easily on my iPhone, so surely you can on an Android???

On the header, I'll do some research.  But my first check with the host company, Weebly, turned up nothing.  So I'll check further.  That must be frustrating.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I can zoom using Vanilla (stock) Android Pie.

The edit window is beyond frustrating though.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Is the issue on the edit window the "Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) dropping down?  Or what?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That's a big part of it.

But the text also won't wrap in portrait.

AND you can't scroll sideways...

So you end up holding your phone sideways and between the title block and the keyboard you have a tiny window (like on the first word proscessers)

Touch the wrong place and !poof! it's gone...

This is why I said the hotlinks for the 3G harness would have to wait until my cell plan renews and I have more tethering allotment.
Because $@&+#  that!
It's just not worth the frustration.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This will take some thinking about.  The Garagemahal comes from the website provider, but the edit window comes from the forum provider.  So I'll see what I can do, although it is going to take some research.

However, I do see what you are saying.  That looks painful!  So lets see if we can't make it less bad.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'd mentioned it before and I'm not complaining now.
Just elaborating on what BuggTruck said.

I don't know that you can do anything, but I'm glad you see it as an issue.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here’s what I see in landscape on my iPhone:

But here’s what I see in portrait:

Is this roughly what you are seeing?

Reply | Threaded
|

BuggTruck
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
On android-
I think the culprit is chrome. Sometimes it will let me open the image in a new tab and sometimes it wont. I can zoom but have to start the zoom on the text portion of the screen. And whatever the gallery thing you are using may be an awesome option for a computer but is pointless on the phone.

Site is unusable in Samsung browser, no idea why. Menu is garbled and site is displayed poorly. Dont know that you could even fix that.

Just tried it in firefox. Firefox plays nice and i have no issues with the edit window! If you come up with nothing, maybe just a note for now that "on android, the site is best viewed using firefox"
Ardwrkntrk let me know how firefox works for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I don't see the title bar crowding you in landscape.
And the text seems to be wrapping for you in portrait.

I could probably deal with what you've got.
But I sure can't deal with what I get.

(Screenshots to come if I get on wifi)

I'll have to give Firefox a try.
The unfortunate thing is I can't just follow the link from Gmail notification.
I have to open a browser window (and not the default Chrome either) find the thread, THEN more and edit.
It's just clunky, and you can see that it was never optimized for mobile.
But times change and most people browse on a mobile device if they're not sitting in front of a screen at work.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Guys - I've perused the Nabble support site and everything they suggest we have done.  So I need to know if the Firefox browser works for you, Jim.

Also, Jim, can you read Gmail using the Safari browser?  That way you could click on the link and be taken directly to the post.  Or, would that change the way you do everything beyond the site?

Then, depending on the outcome of Jim's tests, we need to put together a list of issues that I can work on.

Reply | Threaded
|

BuggTruck
At some point you've set Chrome to be the default program to open upon a link click in gmail on android. You have to go to your android settings, to apps, then to chrome (where it shows you how much space its using etc.). Then "clear defaults". Next time you click a link in gmail itll ask you what browser to use.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 5:59 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email] wrote:
Guys - I've perused the Nabble support site and everything they suggest we have done.  So I need to know if the Firefox browser works for you, Jim.

Also, Jim, can you read Gmail using the Safari browser?  That way you could click on the link and be taken directly to the post.  Or, would that change the way you do everything beyond the site?

Then, depending on the outcome of Jim's tests, we need to put together a list of issues that I can work on.
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in bac, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Website-Forum-Suggestion-Box-tp4094p30518.html
To unsubscribe from Website & Forum Suggestion Box, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I understand what you're saying but I didn't set Chrome as default...
It was the only browser installed on this phone when I bought it and I've never really had a problem with it.
So, I have to actually put Firefox & Safari on (in?) my phone before it is an option.
ATM I have sketchy cell signal so that's going to wait till I'm on WiFi.

Back in the day everything I owned was rooted, modded, skinned and I was trying new browsers, cameras, modems, etc all the time.
An SG S3 or Note 2 seems so quaint today but it was fun to explore the possibilities.
Touchwiz was a nightmare UI and fortunately I never truly bricked a device.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Another ask...
Can we get more emoticons?

I see the forum seems to support unicode.
I tried a purple devil the other day.
But as I am not on a real keyboard this is a pita.

Ill try some other browsers and see how my phone deals with the edit window.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Another ask...
Can we get more emoticons?

I see the forum seems to support unicode.
I tried a purple devil the other day.
But as I am not on a real keyboard this is a pita.

Ill try some other browsers and see how my phone deals with the edit window.
Jim - That's an interesting question/request.  And, after some research it appears that we can have more emoticons.  So, why don't I create a thread asking the folks what emoticons we want to add and what ones we might want to ditch.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Well, you NEED a unicorn!

I'd like a 'bright idea', ROTFL, Ferdinand the bull (this is a bullnose forum) it's good for very angry or blowing off steam.

Overall, some less ambiguous characters.
Sometimes I'm surprised what -means- what when the description pops up.
But then again that may be down to my complete lack of recognizing facial expression and social clues
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, a unicorn would be good.  But it has to be a gif.

And, as I said in the new thread, there are way too many emoticons in the stock list that are essentially the same.  Or, the name that you see when you hover over it doesn't match the emotion I get when I see it.  However, I can rename them if that would help, but you only see it when you hover, so....

Yes, ROTFL.  And a bull.  And a Ford oval?

Anyway, let's see what we can find.

1 ... 45678910 ... 25