489 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - That's strange.  I've seen some odd things, but not that one.  What machine and browser?  Still the Win 7/Chrome combo?  If so, how about doing a Control - to decrease the zoom slightly?  I've had some oddities with different zoom settings and wonder if this is associated with that.  In my case decreasing the zoom fixed it - but I have no idea why.

Anyway, if we can figure out what is causing it or a way to get out of it maybe we can solve it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Always the same machine.  Now, it's behaving right again - no changes.  It might be my (crappy) internet connection.  Sometimes, pages load partially.  So maybe it's loading that menu, but skipping whatever rolls it up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The internet issue might cause it to load the page part way.  When it happens again, maybe do a refresh?  Surely it would stop at a different spot?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Something else VERY MINOR that I've noticed a few times: when I reply with several quotes (like in your bumper thread), I like to expand the reply box down so I can see more of what I'm blathering on about.  But the page doesn't actually extend as the box occupies more space - the text of the post I'm replying to just gets pushed OFF THE PAGE.  Sometimes, even the Post & Preview buttons get pushed off the page.  The main scroll bar (for the page) stays where it is, so I can't scroll down more to see that text or the buttons; they're just gone, until I shrink the reply box back to its standard size.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I've had that happen as well.  Usually if I do a Control - it'll correct things.

I had a very similar thing happen yesterday when the Post and Preview buttons disappeared.  But a quick Control - fixed it.

So, please try that when it happens and let me know.  I can turn it in as a problem if I get some confirmation that others are seeing roughly the same thing.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
IDK what you mean by "doing a Control".  If I refresh any page on your site, it goes forward to the home page of the forum.  I still see the reply page I was on & the forum home in my "Back" pulldown, but if I go back, it only loads the forum home every time.  (I always browse by reading a thread, posting sometimes, and then using the browser BACK to return to the forum page.)

The page size limit happens on EVERY reply page I've tried to enlarge the reply box on.  Every time.

BTW
The top menu weirdness has changed...  Right now, it's rolling down like before; but today it has the 3 bars for the menu.  If I click them, it rolls down again from the rolled-down menu, giving me all the same menu choices again (but laid out slightly differently) and an X.  Clicking the X rolls up the 2nd menu, but I still have to scroll to get the first one gone.

I haven't tried scrolling with both down.

In any case, this is NOT a big problem, so DON'T let it take you away from other priorities.

...and now the top menu is back to normal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
If you hit the Control key and the "+" key at the same time the screen zooms in.  If you hit Control and "-" it zooms out.  When things have happened to me where I can't see the Post or Preview buttons they come back into view by zooming out - but I haven't tried in.

On enlarging the reply box, if it happens every time for you then you can try the zoom trick.  See if it makes a difference.  Perhaps we can figure out what is going on, or at least give the programmers enough data to find it.

As for the menu, what zoom ratio are you using?  Can you try another one and see if it changes?

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Yes, zooming the page (I use CTRL+mouse wheel) causes it to show the whole page again when returning to 100% (where I always browse): enlarged reply box, and buttons, and the post I'm replying to.  If I then shrink the reply box, the page stays enlarged.

Does something different happen when you enlarge the reply box?

The menu is behaving normally now - I'll try to remember to zoom next time it acts up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wish I knew why that happens, but will turn it in to the programmers.

And, let me know what happens when you try it if/when the menu messes up.

Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I did not go thru all 6 pages but .........

I found the uses map but for the life of me I could not figure out how to add "my pin" to the map.
Anything I found said I needed to make a map then I could add to it?
I don't want or need a map I just wanted to add "me" to your map.

So for this vary simple person can you spell it out for me?
Thanks
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Easy peasy - you can't.  Only I can.  Just give me your city and I'll add you.

But perhaps I need to explain on that page that I'm the only one that can edit it?

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
So, Gary.... I'm talking to a kid on FTE named Shaun Smith (Fordzilla80) who I haven't spoken with in a few years now.. You know this guy... I'm wanting to show him pictures of your 2018 truckfest but I can't seem to find them? Looking through the picture gallery, I can find folders representing the 2016 & 2017 shows but not 2018, where do you have those? I know I've seen them here someplace, I even got a trophy at that event. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I remember Shaun!  Please tell him I still want the manuals, and am willing to pay.  

Anyway, the pics are sorta hard to find, but sorta logical as well: Bullnose Forum/Ford Truck Show and then the 2018 tab.

Tell him hello for me.  Miss him.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Gary Lewis wrote
Yes, I remember Shaun!  Please tell him I still want the manuals, and am willing to pay.  

Anyway, the pics are sorta hard to find, but sorta logical as well: Bullnose Forum/Ford Truck Show and then the 2018 tab.

Tell him hello for me.  Miss him.
OK, I told him most all of this stuff, thanks. :)

But I'm still wondering... how does one navigate to that page using only a mouse? I look 1) either in the stuck threads, or 2) in the Hamburger, neither of which lead me to that page?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I knew a guy that used to say "Let me Google that for you".  

Anyway, go here:

That will bring up this, and if you click on Bullnose Forum it'll then pop down the next menu and you can click on Ford Truck Show.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Did you just change something?  Your pages always occupied the middle 1/3 of my screen.  But they just went full-width.  I'm not complaining - I just want to know if it's my computer acting up again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I did change something, as you found out in the other thread.

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
maybe a post counter? like you have 300 posts on here and the someone else has mabe like 750. its a way to tell who has been around longer and to tell the more experinced folk from the less experineced. Also, Gary, i know i asked about what the original MSRP of some of these trucks were from the dealer, was wondering if you were ever gonna try and post a section about that! That would be a cool little tidbit for everyone!
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Right below your avatar is a post count.

As for the MSRP's, I knew there was something else I was going to do! I even sat there today thinking "What was it I was supposed to do?" I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by BullnoseHunter02
Ok, I got the 1986 F-Series Rapid-Spec Pricing loaded up today.  It is in Literature/1986 Literature if you are looking for it.

Hopefully I have the 1986 Bronco info as well and will get it up when I can.  Soon I hope.

1 ... 3456789 ... 25