1234 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
It has occurred to me that it would be nice for you to have a way to suggest to me changes to the forum or additions to the website. I may not be able to do them, but I will certainly consider whatever you suggest, so please let me know what changes or additions you'd like to see. Just reply in this topic/thread.

And, since there are soooooo many things needing to be done, I've created a spreadsheet with which to keep track of them. I'm embedding it here so we all can see what I have so far: (Note to self: This file is called Forum And Website Upgrades and is in Ford Trucks/Website/Forum And Website Upgrades folder.)

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Ford F834
Administrator
Make this a sticky! 😀
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  My first suggestion.  

Done!  That was easy.  Next!  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
List the replies by most recent.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Go to the main forum, click Topics View, and you'll be here and it'll look like below, with each row being the latest reply.

Or, are you looking for each topic/thread to be done last-first?

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Yes, it actually is the order within the individual threads that I was thinking of. Some of them take quite a bit of scrolling to get to the latest response!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
But, if you do as I outlined above and click the link below "Last Post" you will be taken to the latest post in any given thread/topic.  You may need to scroll up a bit to find the last post you've read, but you'll be starting at the bottom instead of the top.

I'm sure I'm missing something, so please try me again.  

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Hmmm. Must be doing something wrong. Always takes me to page 1, no matter what view I choose?

Possibly my old outdated XP powered laptop?

Also have an Android device, same scrolling issues, but I have to open the individual responses. Behaves a little differently than my laptop.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
If you click on Topic View you should get this page. And if you click on the indicated link you should go to the last post. But if it doesn’t work the please tell me what hardware and software you are using.

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
I probably should follow up here. Using "last post" was the key. I was clicking on the topic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks for the followup.  And, glad it works for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Thanks for the followup.  And, glad it works for you.
Gary this is a key feature that is extremely useful, yet not intuitive at all until it is pointed out. I don't know what we can do to advertise this feature, but obviously new users are still going through a lot of extra navigation steps because they don't know... maybe insert the tip in their email notice of membership approval?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - That's a good idea!  I really need to write up a blurb on how the membership process works, and I could include that in there.  Or, maybe I should have two files, one that explains how the process works and one that gives tips on using the forum.  After all, I am sending them two different emails so why not tailor the message?

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I was trying to find the right place to post this and this looks as good as any place.

When on my phone I am logged in as I see some posts marked as read and it has at the top "FuzzFace2".
The issue is when I want to post a reply I type out the reply and when I hit send a log in screen pops up.
Is that normal for this site or am I special  and it's just me?
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are special.  And Bill is special.  And sometimes I'm special.  And there are probably others that are sometimes special.  But we can't seem to find a common denominator with why it happens some times and not others.

So, with you does it only happen when you are on your phone?  Have you noticed anything else that might help?

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Yes just on my phone and every time I try to reply to a post on it.
When on my PC like now no issues at all to reply to a post.
Did not know if others ran into the same thing or not?
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dave - Sorry for the slow reply.  But, you may help us solve this problem if you can replicate the problem.

First, what phone are you using, what OS, and what browser?  Next, have you tried another browser?

With that info, and the fact that it is an every time thing, I'll go to Nabble and see if they can help.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Gary Lewis wrote
Dave - Sorry for the slow reply.  But, you may help us solve this problem if you can replicate the problem.

First, what phone are you using, what OS, and what browser?  Next, have you tried another browser?

With that info, and the fact that it is an every time thing, I'll go to Nabble and see if they can help.
Don't be sorry on the reply time there are more important things than this.

Ok lets see if I can get this and don't laugh.
Phone - Samsung 4G it works (see browser info)
OS - Android v5.0.1
Browser - Chrome v62.0.3202.84
Change browser? I don't like change LOL........I will get it a try and report back.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Let's see if this will work.
Dave - - - -

No it did not, still had to log in to post a reply when on my phone.
Was using Googles internet on the phone. I will look for other browsers.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Good afternoon Gary-

Is there setting on your admin control to allow the download of a picture in a thread?  

There's a lot of good references to problems I haven't (yet) personally encountered, and I'd like to save some of the images for review on my computer vs having to search the various threads down the road when I may not remember the original subject topic..

I hate to admit it, but I'd even like to recapture some of my images singe i often delete the original file image on my phone after I post it.

I can always snag a screen shot, but a direct download would be a better quality and save some steps.

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

1234 ... 25