Weather stripping

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Weather stripping

Fordboy300
Hey guys I was wondering how long does new weather stripping  take to break in.  The one on Big Red arent to bad but every now and then when I wash it water likes to seap through.   I tried the new ones on today just to see what it would be like and you have slam the door and I mean SLAM the door lol I ended taking the one I tried on and put the old one back on.  
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Weather stripping

1986F150Six
Administrator
If the doors were adjusted in for the old weather stripping, the striker bolts may need adjusting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
I put new stripping on a different f150. Did everything I could to adjust those doors. Never got them to shut without slamming. Usually had to make two attempts to close them.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Fordboy300
In reply to this post by Fordboy300
Yeah I figured I would have to do a little adjust.  I'll just wait until fall season when it sits over the winter.  I thought there was a special trick to getting them to fit without having to do much.   I do have to say that even without adjusting the striker bolt it the door does shut it's when you open the door it's a little forced.  
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Have you lubed the latch with flowable grease, and the weatherstripping with dry teflon?