WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7790 messages Options
1 ... 49505152535455 ... 390
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

85lebaront2
Administrator
Not today, but yesterday. I had bought 4 of the Dorman Help replacement strikers for Darth. I had previously installed the driver's door one as it was the worst. Yesterday I installed the other 3 to get the passenger front door rattle gone. I will find out tomorrow when I make a Pick-n-Pull run to Virginia Beach.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, Bill, what's the verdict?  Is the rattle gone?  And, what did you score in the Pick-n-Pull run?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Yes, rattle is gone, wind noise is down also. Pick-n-Pull was a success for three of us, I got a Chrysler 41TE transaxle and control box along with wiring for a later konvertible modification.

My sort of son-in-law got a complete front and engine harness for an MAF 5.0L F150 to use on his 1989 when he installs a 1995 351W from a van he is scrapping and the custom built 4R70W Matt was planning on using in his 1986F150.

My best friend, John Gleason got everything he needs to backdate the door latches and actuators on his 1995 dually.

Our "guide" (Willie Chattman, who I need to get on here) scored some stuff for his Mazda B2300 pickup and some odds and ends for his 1985.5 F150 that he is working on getting back on the road.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks like a success all the way around.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary I trust you made it back from rainy FL. Anyway I had my cigarette smoking neighbor blow smoke through a hose I tapped into from the brake booster line. I did this because of a YouTube video.
 The smoke came straight out of the top of the carb and nowhere else. Isn't this how it should be?  Yes or no.
 Thanks Randy
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Well, 2 out of 4 non Bullnose projects done.

The Ranger mentioned previously is back on the road. Gave it to son #2. Also got the new fuel pump installed into the 89 Bricknose for son #1. He is currently driving his 86 Bronco, (Bullnose! YAY!). Great little truck and he is a regular off roader. Doesn't think he needs the 89 right now, but you just know he's going to break something sometime.

Learned a trick that might be useful to us Bullnose owners with in tank fuel pumps. Learned it on that Brick, but the theory is the same. Had to change the pump and sender on the midship tank. For reasons I'd rather forget, this is the fourth time. That will teach me to be cheap! Anyways, the bolts were nice and clean, so I did not have to fight corrosion and I changed that pump in about a 1/2 hour. Just undid the straps and tilted the tank inwards. Plenty of room that way to pull the pump/sender and replace. WooHoo! No fighting with the filler hose and I could hold the empty tank up with my foot while I threaded the nut back on.

Also spent a little quality time on a friends AMC Marlin. I'm sure Dave would understand.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Randy - You should block off the top of the carb before having the smoke blown in.  Otherwise there's no pressure and it'll come out the point of least resistance - the carb.

Ray - Good tip.  But, you didn't say the tank was empty - until right at the end.  And I was wondering how you did that with the straps off.  Anyway, good tip.

As for the other vehicles, you are making progress.  Well done!

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Go back to FL. Gary, not the answer I was hoping for..  lol just kidding!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Florida is wet and windy - or at least it was for the week we were there.  And the last day the rain was coming down sideways, trying to take our rent car off the highway.  Glad to be home to sunshine and heat.   

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock

😎

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Monday, May 28, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Florida is wet and windy - or at least it was for the week we were there.  And the last day the rain was coming down sideways, trying to take our rent car off the highway.  Glad to be home to sunshine and heat.   
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p11498.html
To unsubscribe from WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by BeagleRock
BeagleRock wrote
Go back to FL. Gary, not the answer I was hoping for..  lol just kidding!
I used duct tape to cover the mouth of the carburetor. As Gary said, that will allow you to pressurize the intake system with the smoke. [I used a Swisher Sweet!]
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Ok sounds like that's what the Dr. Ordered, I haven't a a swisher in a very long time  
 Thanks Jonathan
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks like something that needs a writeup and its own page on the website.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Looks like something that needs a writeup and its own page on the website.  
 Done!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
WHIDTMTT?  Used it, Big Blue, to move the trailer back under the car port.  No muss, no fuss, just putt putt in granny 4lo w/the hubs locked and it pushes, using the front-mounted receiver, the trailer right into position.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Did you notice if the grass needs mowing?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I did notice - it doesn't.  Looks like it was cut very well exactly 24 hours ago.  It had even been trimmed and all of the trimmings blown out into the yard.

Janey has a crew trimming the shrubs in front, and when came to set the job up they asked if we needed them to mow the lawn.  She said "No, my husband has a brand new mower and he will do it."  The hazards of having the right equipment.  

1 ... 49505152535455 ... 390