Visit from a Newfoundlander

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Visit from a Newfoundlander

sgauvry
On Saturday I had a visit from Vinny!  He had left his winter home in Newfoundland on Thursday and since his journey back to Virginia was to take him very close to my home, it was decided he should come to visit me and my family.  He did so on Saturday. Cool move from a cool guy!

Great visit, and he got to meet my 1985.5 F150.  

Cheers to all!

P.S. Vinny, thanks for the Screech!
Steven A. Gauvry - 1985 F150 5.0 EFI
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Visit from a Newfoundlander

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  Are you guys related?  

So, Vinny winters in the north and summers in the south?  

And, what's Screech?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
And, what's Screech?
Rum! There is a "procedure" in Newfoundland of being "Screeched In" when you visit;).

I work for (and with) Newfoundlanders and will be traveling over there in a couple weeks to go offshore.

Hey Vinny, next time you're passing through NS, can you bring me some Bakeapples?...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ahhh!  That makes sense.  Thanks.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

sgauvry
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Spot on!

Hey - I love your flareside!  Really nice.  
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Lol, yes b'y, loads of bakeapples up behind the cabin.....
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, it's usually the other way around, summers in Newfoundland, winters in the south.  I didn't make it down the summer, so went up for the winter.  I'll get back on track next year...

Screech - Cheap Jamaican Rum smuggled into Newfundland and re-labeled.....
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Vinny,

You'll appreciate this. I was on a work trip over at the mill in Corner Brook back in 2011 or so, and due to some delays, I ended up having a slack day waiting for other work to be completed. Leaving just after lunch time, I made a high speed run for St. Anthony to see the Ice Bergs. At the end of the road in this little village (Goose Cove I think) there was this little girl selling Ice Berg lemonade. You'd get a cup of lemonade, and she would chip a piece of ice off a larger chunk she had in a steel pot to put in the cup. (For people that aren't familiar with this...there are small chunks of ice bergs that wash up on the beach, and you can go and pick up chunks big enough to carry.) Anyway, she also had these orange bags laying on the table for sale...and me, being an unknowing mainlander, asked what they were. She kinda rolled her eyes at me, like kids do, and said they were bakeapples, in the kind of way that everybody should know what they are...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks like a fun place to ride.  How does the lemonade taste?  Is the iceberg ice really good?

Reply | Threaded
|

sgauvry
Nice pics!  Thanks for sharing!!