classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vintage Tonneau Pics?

Quarterwave
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of adding a vinyl tonneau/cover to the bed of my 85'.

As I remember, they used to have a vinyl cover that used stretchy cord that wrapped around chrome cleats that were screwed into the sides of the bed.

But, I can't find any pictures online or any parts for sale that match that description - everything that I can find is for the newer-style trucks, which won't work for mine (I have the alloy rails bolted into the top sides of the bed).

Any pics or links or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!
1985 Ford F150, 2WD.
351 H.O Windsor, aluminum heads
Cam: Lift = .496''/.520'' Duration @ .050: 224°/234°
C6 Transmission
6" Rough Country Lift
33x12.5x15 BF Goodrich All-Terrains
15x10" Pro Comp Rims
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vintage Tonneau Pics?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I can't find any pics in any of my literature.  A tonneau doesn't list in the accessories catalog.  However, there is a mention of one in the parts catalog, and there is an illustration for one in there as well.  So I've added that info the page on Exterior/Beds, Tailgates, and Components on the Bed tab.

But note that the 501A42 # shown is a generic part number for a cover.  In fact, it isn't complete as that since it probably needs a "99" in front of it.  And it needs a prefix and a suffix.  So I'll hazard a guess that the part number is E0TZ 99501A2-A,  But I can't find that number on-line, nor anywhere in my documentation.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI