Vinny Here... and There..

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
34 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vinny Here... and There..

vjsimone
So, it looks like I never fulfilled this requirement, oops.
Never a better time than now after meeting a few of these lads.

What a great weekend in Skiatook, a bunch of trucks (somebodies future handle right there).
A great crowd of lads and lasses, Mac’s BBQ, prizes and trophy’s…
It was great meeting everyone and putting faces and voices to names..

Ok, for those in the know; I’m in Lafayette Louisiana today, arrived yesterday from Texarkana AR, hit a few showers, but nothing new..  Took in some Acadian music last night by the Cajun Ramblers @ Randol's, whilst sucking down some Gulf Oysters and bits of Alligator. Cajun jam session tonight at the Blue Moon Salon…
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vinny Here... and There..

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Vinny,

I met my wife in Baton Rouge, LA. The food is wonderful in south Louisiana! Have fun, be safe!

David
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Glad to hear (see?) from you, Vinny!

So, how many trucks does it take to qualify for having "a bunch of trucks"?  And do they have to be assembled?  

David - Close, but Paul wrote "That Was Your Mother".

Vinny - No Lone Star Cafe?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
My Great Grandmother on my father’s mother's side is a Langlois from the "Gaspé Peninsula in the Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine region of eastern Quebec in Canada"....

Some of my Acadian relatives were chased out of Canada 200 years ago.
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Acadian?  I thought you are Irish.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Welcome...to an old salt!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I’m only claiming about 10% Adadian/en, I’m an Italian/Irish mutt….
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And Italian?

Most of us are of varied backgrounds.  I don't really know what mine is.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Mine would be Heinz 57!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
Most of us are of varied backgrounds.
Ain't that the truth. I'm mostly Scottish, with a little Irish mixed in. The common joke around here for the people that are half Irish and half Scottish is that half of you wants to drink all the time, and the other half doesn't want to pay for it. All those jokes about the frugal Scotsman are based on the truth.

Vinny will tell ya that there's lots of Irish on Newfoundland, and it's not uncommon to see Irish flags over there;).
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Gary, the Simone or  di Simone is the Italian side of the house…

Yeah, The Irish in Newfoundland have considered themselves Irish all these years. Loads of Irish Flags flying and the “Republic of Newfoundland” flags flying (similar to the Irish flag).  

Some Outports were so remote, that they maintained the accent they brought over from their respective County of origin.
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
We have a well-known Lewis family in the village of Holyrood, they were schooner captains and boat builders.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm no expert, but having lived in London where there are plenty of Irish, and having spent time more recently on the Emerald Isle (including getting the "gift of gab"), you seem to have retained your Irish phraseology and accent.  However, unlike when I lived in London and was able to figure out a Brit's home from his accent, I can't differentiate between Irish accents.

As for the Lewis family, are they originally from Wales?  Or the Isle of Lewis?  I don't know where my Lewis ancestors came from, but an uncle that spent some time in England and did a bit of research seemed to think it was from Wales.

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
1986F150Six wrote
Vinny,
I met my wife in Baton Rouge, LA. The food is wonderful in south Louisiana! Have fun, be safe!  David
Does she make Boudin Balls ?
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
No, but I have had them. She is a great cook, but is not Cajun.
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Hello lads, just to let ye know I did make it back to the East Coast this week, safe, no scratches.

5 months, 15,000 miles, 30 States.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome home!  Wow, that's a lot of travel.  Sure glad you did it safely.  What's next?

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Wow! That's awesome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Hmmm... 15K miles = 3 oil changes, right? Is your bike still running well?
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
1986F150Six wrote
Hmmm... 15K miles = 3 oil changes, right? Is your bike still running well?
That's right, Amarillo, Salt Lake & Kansas.
She’s running great….