Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vendors

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
To this point I've contacted:

LMC on 7/29/19: They are to supply gift certificates, although how many I don't know, and windshield/registration cards.  And maybe catalogs

Rock Auto on 7/29/19: They say they'll supply "promotional magnets and fliers to be used in goody bags, registration packets, or handed out to attendees. We will also send one gift certificate that can be used as a door or raffle prize!

4 Wheel Parts: Corey Marshall, the GM of the Tulsa store, said I should come in around 8th August and he'll have some goodies for me.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vendors

kramttocs
Administrator
What about ARP, Powermaster, Summit (don't we all need more of their stickers?) or any of the header companies (Hedman, L&L, etc)?

Not sure if any of them do anything beyond the stickers but I know my garage freezer could use some more stickers.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  Whose air compressor was it that was plastered with stickers in a recent pic?

I don't know if any of those companies give freebies.  But when I get through chasing LMC, Rock Auto, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, and NPD I can turn to them.  However, if you want to find me a link to where you ask them for help then I'll do the rest.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Forgot to say that I've also talked with Corey Marshall, the GM at the Tulsa 4 Wheel Parts store, and he'll have stuff for me about August 8th.  So I'm going back in about then and see what he has.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It is time to document what I have in the way of swag.  Then I can figure out how to distribute it.

Summit Racing:
Packet of Kid's Choice decals
Ballots for Kid's Choice Award.  The letter says "The Kid's Choice Award is a great way to have children under 15 be a part of your event.  Kids sign up to vote for their favorite ride during the show - the vehicle that gets the most votes wins.  Add a trophy and you have a terrific extra attraction for your event!"
Packet of ~100 window placards
Packet of bunches of Summit Racing stickers
100 goody bags
1 - 3' x 8' Summit Racing banner

NPD - National Parts Depot: ($50)
5 NPD T-shirts in X-Large
36 catalogs for 1948 - 1979 Ford trucks
20 catalogs for 1980 - 1996 Ford trucks
2 $25 gift coupons

Rock Auto: ($25)
50 magnets, some of which have Ford trucks on them.
50 fliers
1 $25 gift coupon

4 Wheel Parts: ($109.48)
7 quarts of Lucas synthetic 10W-30 oil ($48.93)
1 Lucas SlickMist Fast & Easy Detailing Kit ($26.99)
1 bottle each of SlickMist Interior Detailer, Fast & Easy Speed Wax, and Tire & Trim Shine ($24.97)

LMC (Long Motor Company): Nothing's come in yet.  

Leftovers from FORDification show in Anderson, MO on June 8th:

Evolutionary Rides: Top Notch Floors For Top Notch Trucks (48-79 F-Series)
Bunches of fliers
Bunches of business cards

QA1: High Performance Driveline & Suspension (All they have for Ford trucks are shocks for drag racing)
50 gillion catalogs
2 gillion stickers
1 gillion ball-point pens

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Good results from a lot of work!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, David.

The way it looks like it'll be dispensed is as follows, assuming LMC doesn't come through with additional gift cards:

Class Awards:  Each of the 6 classes gets a trophy, which are to be delivered tomorrow, btw, plus one of the following:

7 quarts of Lucas oil, worth ~$50

One of two Lucas detailing kits, worth ~$25 each

One of the three $25 gift cards

But, if LMC comes through with one or more gift cards we'll have to figure out how to dispense 7 or more things across 6 categories.  But I'd bet we are up to the challenge.  Throw me in that briar patch!

Other Stuff:
We are going to have to set up a table under the breezeway and have someone there to get the trucks coming in signed up as well as get their windshield card filled out.  And, to dispense the goody bags and the pens, literature, magnets, etc.  Plus, sell the t-shirts.

Jobs:
And, speaking of that, I've created a list of "jobs" for which we need "volunteers" (The quotes mean that someone else might volunteer you if you don't do it yourself.  )  That includes photographer, check-in table, roving salesman for the swap meet stuff, etc.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary,

Ever talk to Mar-K in Oklahoma? That's where I bought most of the new steel/hardware for the Flareside bed. I'm sure the Bullnose market is a small one for them, but they do support it;).
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Rembrant wrote
Hey Gary,

Ever talk to Mar-K in Oklahoma? That's where I bought most of the new steel/hardware for the Flareside bed. I'm sure the Bullnose market is a small one for them, but they do support it;).
Good idea!  Just called and talked to Jennifer at Mar-K.  Not sure they are going to do anything as they sell their catalogs, but I left it with her after sending her this email.  We shall see.

Attention Jennifer:

This is Gary Lewis and we just spoke about my Ford truck show on the 21st.  This is a show for Ford trucks of all years, and it is in Skiatook, which is ~25 miles north of Tulsa.

I have a website and forum for the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks at http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com.  We have a bit over 500 members and growing steadily with two more today.  And the website has over 500 pages of Ford documentation.

On the forum I was just documenting what other companies have contributed, which you can see in this post: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Vendors-tp33660p37947.html.  But a couple of posts later one of my friends suggested that I contact you to see if you might want to send literature and/or gift cards.  Hence my call.  (And, by the time you look at that thread the contents of this note to you will be in there.)

Also, we've just put up a new tab for Flareside bed floors on this page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/beds-tailgates-and-components.html.  So if you have parts, like the strips, for the Flareside bed floors I'd like to put links on that page to your site so people don't have to go searching.

Anyway, hope you have a good day.

Gary

p.s.  The link to the flier for the show is: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-Flyer-tp30117.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
 We have a bit over 500 members and growing steadily with two more today.
And just like that, the previous new-user count for the day is wrong.  We are up to three for the day!