classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Truck Show Banner Possibility

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Trying to decide on the sign for the show, and need your input.  Here's the latest idea, and it was Janey's.  We like it sorta, but think the Truck and Show text needs to be a bit smaller to give the Ford a little more room.  And, by the way, the script used on Ford is not Ford's so I don't think there will be a problem.

It would be a 3' x 8' banner and be out by the street so people would know where the show is.

Anyway, your thoughts?  I need to decide very quickly as I need to commission the signs at least by Thursday.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Truck Show Banner Possibility

Hound Dog Lew
I would do all the letting in simple to read block letters one can easily read from the road.
1983 F150 Flareside 302 AOD 3.55
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There's a lot of wisdom in that.  Thanks.

And, welcome to the forum!  I know you, you are Hound Dog Lew!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
All good points, thank you for joining, Lew! :)

Gary: Maybe get some of the local children to help, maybe as an art project?

Lew is correct, government-type of signs are useful and are maybe appropriate in the outlying areas. As for pretty & logos & banners-n-schwag stuff, what is your budget and how much time do you have?

Talked with Bill on the phone, he's excited. :) ALL of the details need to be worked out, and maybe we'll fly partways, dunno yet, but we'll see; he has serious concerns about crossing the continental divide, I never seriously looked at driving this route from California.

But it'll be fun, he's really wanting to spend time in Oklahoma, visiting lots of museums & sites, etc. etc. etc.
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Put "FORD" on the first line.

Put "Truck" Show" on a second line.

How many signs do we pass and not have the "time" to scan/read is as we pass it?

1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The Ford oval is obviously a trademark logo, but what about hood letter script or tailgate lettering? That should be general enough but still give it some brand flavor. I'm with reamer, either do Ford on the top line and truck show under it, or maybe put it all on one line with tall FORD script on the left, followed by "truck show"  on the right.

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - Thanks, but I don't have the time to do art work as the lead time is 10 business days. So it has to be nailed down tomorrow at the latest.

Ron - I thought about two lines, but that makes the sign taller and even then the lettering will be smaller and harder to read. And, the larger sign will cost about 33% more and we are already over $100.

Jonathan - I like the idea of using the font off the tailgates or hood. đź‘Ť

Thanks, guys!

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
What about a single line with: FORD Trucks

P.S. Gary, if I were you, go with what is decided by the forum to be "best", but have a small "sample" made to be like Janey suggested and place it by her plate... "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
David - Janey said "If you are trying to catch the attention of Ford truck guys you should make the sign however they like it."

But, we went back to the lady that'll do the work and here's what we settled on - and they are on order:

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Looks great Gary! I like it! 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2