classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trophies!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Look what came in last night.  What am I going to do with all of these?  Where am I going to send them?  Who is going to win one of them?

VOTE!

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trophies!

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, I just tried to vote and it doesn't seem to be tallying the vote.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
That's awesome, Gary! Thanks again for all that you do.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Bill - Not sure what you mean by "tallying the vote".  You click the button for your selection then click the Vote button at the bottom?  You won't see how many have voted nor for whom they voted until the end.

John - Welcome!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Those look great, Gary!

I was able to vote.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, David.

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
You should smash the ugly truck one and glue it back together randomly lol   Those are pretty classy looking trophies.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Oh man i want one!!   so nice Gary
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by CliftonK
CliftonK wrote
You should smash the ugly truck one and glue it back together randomly lol   Those are pretty classy looking trophies.

Our off road race team "Nuts Racing" we had a broken part trophy, it was made from the part that was broken when racing. The transfer case adaptor was a big one of some of the members till they got the suspension & drive shafts figured out. The other was a Ring & Pinion.

They do look good
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, they look classy, but they are inexpensive.  However, those that have gotten them in the past, and that doesn't include me, seem to like them.

But that is a cool idea about broken parts and ugly trophies!  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I used to donate old parts I was no longer using to a local benefit car show circuit so they could make trophies out of it all. I gave them some pretty unique stuff they'd never had before (IFS differentials, CV axles, wheel bearings hubs, etc) and they always made use of everything. Definitely a cool idea.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
Ah, yes, the coveted "Golden Gary" awards!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
The street rod club that operates in the Newport News VA area came to me one time looking for a trophy for the best use of carburetors. I had a monster Holley 2 barrel carburetor off a USMC 5 ton truck. Truck had a 602 ci Continental in-line 6 designated R6602. My unit had found a replacement carburetor still in the original packing and one truck had an obvious carburetor issue. Since I installed it I asked what we were going to do with the old one and was told whatever you want, it's scrap.

As a Holley warehouse, I was able to get a kit and rebuilt it, clearcoated it with Krylon and had it sitting on the front counter as a conversation piece. The club mounted it on an L shaped base, with a description including the USMC number of the truck. It became a perpetual trophy awarded annually at the rod run, to be returned for the next year at the rod run.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
85lebaront2 wrote
The street rod club that operates in the Newport News VA area came to me one time looking for a trophy for the best use of carburetors. I had a monster Holley 2 barrel carburetor off a USMC 5 ton truck. Truck had a 602 ci Continental in-line 6 designated R6602. My unit had found a replacement carburetor still in the original packing and one truck had an obvious carburetor issue. Since I installed it I asked what we were going to do with the old one and was told whatever you want, it's scrap.

As a Holley warehouse, I was able to get a kit and rebuilt it, clearcoated it with Krylon and had it sitting on the front counter as a conversation piece. The club mounted it on an L shaped base, with a description including the USMC number of the truck. It became a perpetual trophy awarded annually at the rod run, to be returned for the next year at the rod run.
The AMC group I am with has the "horses ass" trophy that is also passed on each year at GAD (Great Amc Day) drag and show in Ohio. The holder of the trophy would call some other racer out for a 2 out of 3 race and the loser got the trophy to hold for the year.

I had it for 1 year and the guy I called out did a lot of work to his motor and the race was not even close!
But he was kind enough to take the trophy as it was not really a far race at that point.
And yes it was the back half of a horse LOL
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100