Trim behind the seats, regular cab

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trim behind the seats, regular cab

Westerj
Found a bench seat from 96 f350 for transplant into the waaaambulance. ( named for wife's dislike for its rough exterior!)

This -should- be a bolt in fit i hope?  Only 4 seat bolts were seen thru my floor pan.  Given the seats are right up against the back of the cab, is there a sheet metal or plastic trim behind the seat?

Has anyone rekeyed a Hansen style D-Ring? There are a dozen of these things. Not sure if a key can be made from one of the locks?

1986 f350 Ambulance convert
2WD
project phase
460 v8
Low miles
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trim behind the seats, regular cab

BigBrother-84
Westerj wrote
[…] is there a sheet metal or plastic trim behind the seat?
Hi!
Not sure I understand correctly the question.  Are you questioning about any «cabin wall finishing» behind the seat?  For what I know, it’s straight on metal, with a simple moulding under the window.

I think some guys put vertical carpet under the window, but pretty sure there is no factory finish behind the seat.

I can be wrong…
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
What Jeff said it  what you will find on the upper level trucks as my 81 Custom and Ranger did not have even that molding under the glass.

Now on the bench seat when you fold the back rest forward the back side has a thick cardboard cover to finish it off. I think I have seen you can get this board cover from places like LMC.

Now I dont know what they do on the newer truck seats as I have not looked to see.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
yes there is a trim piece for that area. in 85-86 the xlt models had a full interior. including a carpeted back wall and the top of the carpet was held /trimmed by a sheet metal piece about 2'' by 44" long. it also made a connection at the b pillar corner sections. the trim piece does little at finishing out the molding without the whole system. it is certainly not needed unless you are doing a full interior.