Transmission +

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission +

Custer
Thanks to all on the bed-liner advice. I am going with a color match spray in since that is the general agreement. I will post a pic when it is done.

Couple of questions: The transmission (1984 F150) is pretty rough sometimes going in to overdrive. Is that normal?  It usually is pretty hard when I let off gas and then it goes into 4th.

Any advice on restoring chrome trim on radio and dash bezel?

Thanks to all
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transmission +

Rembrant
Sabattus wrote
Any advice on restoring chrome trim on radio and dash bezel?
I believe there are a couple ways to do this, but I can tell you that I did it the cheap and dirty way with a silver Sharpie pen.

My 1984 F150 is a radio delete model, but has the silver trim. I picked up a radio bezel from a 1985 F150 that was basically the same weave pattern, but did not have the silver trim. See below:

And below is a picture after I did the 1985 radio bezel edge with the silver pen. Nobody will ever know thw difference. My original untouched 1984 bezel on the left, and the touched up 1985 bezel on the right.

But even better, we have some Bullnose bezel experts on here (Jon) and I believe he painted the silver edge on a bezel or two with good results.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
Fantastic. Never would have thought of that.
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Sorry, I’m not much help on the transmission issue, but I did a write up on refurbishing the rosewood bezels. There is information on what I did with the chrome beads on this web page...

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/salvaging-rosewood.html
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
Thats perfect. Wish that NOS was still around
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll check the shop manual tomorrow to see what it says about the transmission.  I hope I remember to do so.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Let's see if this helps:

Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/General Automatic Transmission Service

Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/Automatic Overdrive (AOD)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
thanks
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com