classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission question

swampedout
This post was updated on .

Changed my oil and saw this. Pardon my ignorance, but whats missing?

This is looking at the bottom of the trans from the front of the truck
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transmission question

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are missing the little plate that closes off access to the torque converter.  Not a huge deal, but a rock or somesuch could get throw in there on one of your dirt roads and rattle around a bit.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
On my last truck I made one out of sheet steel. Gary should have a picture of what it looks like, I made mine based off of one of his pictures. It was pretty easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
That is actually my picture unless you are referring to the one after powder coating, Gary was missing one and I sent my extra to him.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
85lebaront2 wrote
That is actually my picture unless you are referring to the one after powder coating, Gary was missing one and I sent my extra to him.
The one I copied was the powder coated one, but yours would probably be a better reference for depth of the inset section of the plate.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Shaun, the powder coated one was my extra I sent him. There is an earlier photo of it that I posted after I dug it out of my extra parts bucket.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Sorry Bill, I was referring to the pictures, as in the picture with the powder coating versus your picture fresh out of the bin. It would probably be easier to see the depth of the plate when it's bare aluminum rather than with powdercoat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Am I supposed to be doing something here?  I'm just reading the mail rather than helping.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI