classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission line fitting size

86 1/2 Brutus
This post was updated on .
I need to order some transmission line and some compression fittings for Brutus.  Does anybody know what  size the threads are that go into the radiator.  
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transmission line fitting size

kramttocs
Administrator
This thread has some good data in it : http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/C6-plumbing-td57026.html

I recall Angelo was interested in the transmission end though so focus is likely there.

Do you have the adapters that Ford used?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Thanks for that, very interesting read.   Yes i have the original adaptors.  The line broke right after the fitting.  i have it rigged with a hose for now.
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Well the amazon fairy brought me my new flareing tool and it is going right back.  Never before have i seen a tool hack up a piece of tubing like this one does, but i guess you get what you pay for.  In pricing a new tool, i decided to go ahead and get the prebent fitted lines from LMC, they are only 54 bucks for the pair and i think this is the better way to go since the new flareing tool cost more then the lines themselves.
Nick and George
Owned since new