Tough Decisions....

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tough Decisions....

fords4life
Well. After a pretty good hail storm on June 19th, we had another worse hail storm this last Sunday.  After the first sorry the insurance totaled out my '86 and I decided to keep it.  I was really wanting to keep it and put her back together, but I'm starting to wonder.  She needs the roof and hood replaced, a new left front quarter panel, and both bedsides now need work.  I'm not sure it's worth all the time and money it's going to take to restore.  I found the truck below earlier today.  They had it listed for $3500 earlier today and dropped it to $2500.  It has the I6 instead of a V8, but looks like it has had a bunch of stuff replaced and looks to be pretty clean.  Thinking I might pick up this truck and sell mine.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6656040441.html

Any thoughts?
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tough Decisions....

PetesPonies
Real clean looking truck for $2500.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
In reply to this post by fords4life
I'd say if you dont have a strong emotional attachment to the truck then go for the best deal. I love the style so as long as it has everything I want I'm personally happy with any bullnose truck.

Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
PetesPonies wrote
Real clean looking truck for $2500.
I'd say so as well. It kills me to see these deals in the US. If I could find deals like this around here I'd probably have a whole yard full of these things...lol.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that's a nice looking truck.  And it appears to be in better shape than Rusty, and I got about that for him.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Nice looking truck, plus non EFI.....
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Well, I didn't make it down to look at it this weekend.  After posting, the ad was updated and mentioned hail damage to the hood and he said there is some to the roof as well.  I will keep the truck in my back pocket, but while it is still in better exterior condition than mine, I don't want to trade one problem for another.  If it was closer, I'd go take a quick look, but it is 80+ miles away.

I found another project locally, but I don't really have the shop space for it right now.  1984 XLT with a blown 460.  Guy has a replacement motor that he started to do a reseal on, but broke a rib and can't finish.  He has it listed at $1500.  I also found a very clean 1968 Ford Futura 4dr for $2700.  It is 90+ miles away, but might go take a gander at it this weekend.

Fortunately I have time to make a decision and not just jump on something.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.