This looks pretty cool...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

This looks pretty cool...

Vic Roma
https://www.thedrive.com/news/28939/ohio-dealership-creates-retro-style-ford-f-150s-in-the-name-of-nostalgia
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: This looks pretty cool...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That really is cool!  It yells OLD SCHOOL.  

I do like the wheels.  I'd be torn if I ran across a set for Big Blue like that.  They'd look boss, but might not fair as well as the steelies that are on him for overlanding.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Vic Roma
For the record, in case the link goes dead...

And if you enjoyed the retro red and white two tone, you might also like this retro sunset stripe Freewheelin’ inspired truck too...

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - I'm sure glad you posted those pics 'cause they are highly likely to go away at some point.  And then people won't know what we were talking about.

As for those two trucks, I could get into the red and while one, but I don't think I could do the Free Wheelin' truck.  Maybe if I saw it in person.

And, by the way, this post is from the new "test" website over on ckuske's wordpress site.  He's the MAN!  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I don't see it - it looks like brand new truck to me, with a few cheap chrome bolt-ons.
https://www.f150forum.com/f2/retro-styled-f150-anyone-451469/
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Vic Roma
Reminds of this F250 from a year or two ago...and it was in the Midwest somewhere as well...same dealer maybe?...I dunno.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/meet-the-man-behind-the-incredible-retro-super-duty/

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I think the red & white truck needs the white to go all the way to the lights front & rear to look right to me and not liking the roll bar.
Now if it was a flare side and red & white then ........... LOL

Now that free wheeling I do like the combo and it should get the roll bar as I think it fits that package better.

I did not dig to deep into either one but what else was added other than stripes & wheels/tires and how much did it bump up the price?
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Someone did that to a GMC:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/someone-turned-a-gmc-sierra-hd-into-a-retro-look-stepside/
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I have to agree with Gary, the newer truck looks decent in red and white two tone, but the wild colors with the modern body lines does not click for me. I would honestly rather see retro body lines brought back like they did with the Mustangs than dealerships trying to put vintage paint jobs on super modern body styling. It’s weird. Ditto for a 30 year old flareside bed on a new body. They only did half of the job 🙄
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I actually prefer the black truck, these trucks just don't have the dimensions/right lines to make a two-tone work IMO. In other words, they're too bulky to make it work.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Is it because we used to seeing/ owning the originals that to appropriate the highlights of the design just don’t seem to work? I suppose for the younger generation seeing this for the first time, and possibly being able to own it, would look different and maybe cool. Also for the older generation that once owned an original and get a chance to relive the glory days, albeit in sprit.

Kind of like relaunching the Ocean’s 11 movie; the first was/is a classic, the 2nd modern version (franchise) was good, the sorry third attempt, eh, well...

Or is it all simply a matter of “...but you can roll it in glitter.”
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think it is that the originals were designed to have that look.  We were used to seeing two-toned paint jobs and the trucks had breaks where the colors changed.  Today's trucks are much more round and there's no crisp break where they are changing the color.  It just doesn't work the same.