Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

This is a ridiculous price, BUT . . .

PetesPonies
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: This is a ridiculous price, BUT . . .

Ford F834
Administrator
I found a driver side in the junkyard but no match yet...
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I'm looking for a set. I have some black one, but want chrome. I want them for my little Ranger project. Lots of right side on ebay, no drivers side that are new. I'm open to used if decent. I've sold chrome items on ebay and chrome always looks like hell, so difficult to see how nice the ones on ebay actually are.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I’ve got stuff stored everywhere, but I’m going through it as I move things to our new place. When I come across this I can send you a picture.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
PetesPonies wrote
I'm looking for a set. I have some black one, but want chrome. I want them for my little Ranger project. Lots of right side on ebay, no drivers side that are new. I'm open to used if decent. I've sold chrome items on ebay and chrome always looks like hell, so difficult to see how nice the ones on ebay actually are.
Are the Dennis Carpenter ones not good, or too expensive? My 84 has the small chrome mirrors, but all the trucks I ever see have the bigger ones. I'm going to the junkyard on Saturday morning and can take a look if I know what years were the same. Unfortunately, those kind of items are unlikely to be decent around here.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
I have the ones from Dennis Carpenter on my truck and I feel they are very high quality. I think they are about $50 each.
1986 F150, XLT Lariat, 5.8, AOD, 8.8 limited slip, 4.10 gears
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by ScubaSteve
They are $50 from Carpenter and $40 from LMC. I wish I knew if they were the same?  Because I deal in repop chrome items a lot during the Mustang builds, I'm always skeptical with quality. I was considering the repops, but didn't want to see pits within 6 months. How long have you had yours? Tish is actually good info for me, lucky someone has the repops.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Yes I saw that $90 one late last night. Not sure how much I'm willing to invest ???
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
Not had them long but they look very well made. I can post some pictures next week.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
Why am I having trouble seeing these as a left and a right? They look identical to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
I ran across that one too, $25 to ship as well. Here's what I found new reproduction. LMC has them for $40, Dennis Carpenter $50 and NPD $70. Wide ranger. LMC has no info they will offer. Dennis does. I spoke with a gentleman there and he said this item is one they produce. So, I would suspect the LMC piece is not a Dennis piece being sold for $10 less. The NPD could be, just jacked another $20 . .yikes! I'm surprised there are at least two manufacturers of these mirrors, but it looks like there is. Might just go with the carpenter piece.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by ScubaSteve
The base is tilted for right and left. The head appears the same.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
the bases look the same to me too.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
They are not. Its pretty obvious in person and once you know, you can see it in the pics. I have the black versions of these, both sides. I also have a chrome right side. trust me, the base is different.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
I know they are supposed to different, but it looks like the ones he has listed are two right or too left not a left and right.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
OK, well I'm done. It's senseless to continue this. If the pics are in accurate? I don't know. But they are in fact different and have different engineering numbers to back it up.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

ScubaSteve
This post was updated on .
Okay let me start over. I was talking about the ebay listing for the set for $150.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-NOS-Original-1980-1986-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Exterior-FOMOCO-Chrome-Mirrors/223183272306?hash=item33f6c27972:g:CgYAAOSw~K9bGEFt:rk:33:pf:0

I may be wrong but it looks like the ebay listing has pictures of two left or two right mirrors not a set of left and right. I just didn't want someone paying top dollar for these and finding they are not a set. Sorry if this came out incorrectly or if anyone felt I was trying to be bull headed. I do understand the trucks require a left and a right. The mirrors should be E0TZ-17682-D RIGHT HAND SIDE and E0TZ-17682-E LEFT HAND SIDE. These are the Dennis Carpenter part numbers.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
PetesPonies,

This is an old thread, but if you still have not found what you are looking for, are these correct?

E0TB-17743-AB & E0TB-17713-AB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Mirror-Pair-1980-to-1986-E0TB-17743-AB-E0TB17713AB/223344783285?epid=698798276&hash=item340062efb5:g:PyUAAOSwEvZcS7EG:rk:32:pf:0