Stumbled across this tonight:

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

grumpin
This post was updated on .
Remake I assume.

When that movie was being made in the 80’s I stayed with my sister in Valencia California for awhile job hunting after I got out of the Corps.

I remarked one day that they are building a new gas station, in a day or so I noticed it was a facade. That night they filmed the scene where the gas station blew up. A picture in the paper. They did it late at night.

Used to film Dukes of Hazzard in those hills around there.

Edit: Grammar correction!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
It's a music video made for one of the songs from the Christine soundtrack. John Carpenter is driving Christine.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Oh...duh! Cool!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Here's a pretty cool video for those of us with newer Fords who are still able to buy Motorcraft replacement parts. But this info really goes for just about every manufacturer on the market.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Having run a repair shop many years ago, even then we were seeing fake parts, some were obvious, like Motorcare vs Motorcraft, Automotive vs Autolite etc. That being said I had a line of parts in plain boxes, that were excellent quality, but unless I knew you real well, you wouldn't see them. The best was a carb kit for the Ford 2100 carbs, cost me $2.50, came in a plastic bag with an instruction sheet, no box. An Autolite CT-499D was about $9.00 list, Carter 902-857D I believe or Guaranteed 77-857D (same kit, different source) was probably $7.50. Since I guaranteed repair work, most customers didn't care what I used as long as I stood behind the work. If you were a good friend, I would sell you one of those kits over the counter for $5.00.

These were excellent knock offs, I could open all 4 different kits and lay the parts out on the counter and challenge you to find the difference. I carried AC-Delco and AC plugs for GM , Champion plugs for Chrysler, AMC and Studebaker and Autolite for Ford I had Autolite tune up parts for Ford, Chrysler I had Echlin tune-up parts as Chrysler's aftermarket support was pretty bad in the late 60s.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
In reply to this post by salans7
Apparently Youtube Productions is remaking Christine sometime soon.
Some guy shot video of my truck for 2 hours a couple weekends ago.
I doubt they will use it, a couple too many messed up body panels, but I made gas money for the week
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Cool! Movie star truck!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by swampedout
That is way cool!  Please let us know if they use it, and I hope they do.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis

I was entertaining family this weekend and a Ford crew was in town. I snapped this pic in a rush but there were about 10 trucks and a really nice flareside bully.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
In reply to this post by swampedout
The guys asking if they can buy my truck but theyre lowballing a bit so we'll see what happens. Im really not sure what theyre looking for but they like the tone of the dual exhaust and 460. Seems like they know more about movies than trucks so who knows.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The "Ford crew" guys?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'd assume the YouTube production guys who are remaking Christine and shot hours of video of Sam's truck.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I'd assume the YouTube production guys who are remaking Christine and shot hours of video of Sam's truck.
That makes more sense than my assumption.

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Yes, the youtube people offered. The ford guys would know better than to want this rust bucket. 😉

Sorry for the confusion
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Ran out of talent this morning.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Talent?  Or luck?

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by salans7
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man!"
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Talent?  Or luck?
Talent. I slowed to basically a crawl at a stop sign before making my right hand turn in a public parking lot, but since there were no other vehicles anywhere near the intersection, I didn't let my wheels completely stop and the officer who saw my "California stop" wasn't happy with that. I picked up a piece of paper with "Failure to Observe Right of Way" written on it and a $160 tax payment to the government. One of those things where a warning probably would have sufficed but laws are laws and I'm not gonna argue since I didn't technically stop. I'm gonna have to be more careful because FL only allows you to take the driving course to remove points five times in your lifetime and this will be #2 for me.

I was really thinking he would call for backup because he noticed my empty shell casings hanging from the rear view mirror and asked me if I had any weapons, guns, or ammo in the truck to which I replied no. He let it go at that thankfully. I didn't have anything on me so I had nothing to worry about, but I would have been late for work.
1 ... 36373839404142 ... 111