Thank You for Your Website!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thank You for Your Website!

SonofaFord
A year ago I became a Bullnose Enthusiast after a "rescue operation" of a 1985 F150 XL 2WD Pickup. It was parked in a ditch with orange grease paint stating: For Sale 44,000 miles/$2,000. I spun around a found what proved to be a real project. The story is the son-in-law was "assigned" to sell the truck of the recently deceased original owner. The surviving spouse signed the title and certified the mileage. It has the straight 6/300 or 4.9L with 4 speed automatic. It also has the rare bright and black upper body molding that I found on here to be rare. It is two tone blue with the factory two tone blue body striping. As my dad would say, "it must have been built on a Friday", due to the fact that the paint code does not match the color blue that is all over the truck, after I shot the front lowers fenders. Paint code is for a Bright Regatta Blue - but the truck's main color is Medium Regatta Blue. Also, that topper! But, most importantly, it had the windshield sticker stating the assembly plant as - Twin Cities. I have a lot of memories of that Plant. My dad worked there for 32 years (1942 - 1977) and I am a product of the middle class that the assembly plant provided it's workers. Although this truck was built 7 years later (11/84) just that sticker was enough to push me over the edge. I drove it home to find a myriad of vacuum leaks, heater core leaks, but an engine that compression tested at what an engine with only 44,000 miles on it, should. I have found all the necessary emissions controls, addressed the vacuum leaks, rebuilt the "feedback carb", replaced brake components, steering, coil springs, all with the help of this website. And have now, having started on the front of the truck proceeding towards the rear, I'm having to replace the usual rust spots as the wheel arches in inner wheel housings on the bed. One thing the door sticker states the spring to be B and X (rear) can't find that reference here. want to replace at the same spring rating to keep this truck all original. Thanks for all you have provided!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Thank You for Your Website!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  But, did you read the guidelines?  I ask because the New Members Start Here folder is where they are and where the new members are supposed to post first.  But, if you've read them then it is ok.

Nice truck!  And a nice story.  Don't miss that we are going to have a virtual truck show on Sept 19th, although entries must be in by midnight on Sept 13, and you could enter your truck.  That story might just be the ticket.  

Where's home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you with a city or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Thats a real local truck! Theres definitely something special about that.

Whats the solution for rusted rear wheel arches? Asking for a friend....

And welcome!
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by SonofaFord
Welcome!  
That's a very pretty truck.

Gary likes to say this is OUR forum, but you know who does the heavy lifting around here.

That definitely is grandpa's truck, with the bug deflector, clearance lights and topper.  ðŸ˜‰
The only thing missing is some JC Whitney chrome plastic edging on the doors.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.