Template done for a brush gaurd.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
60 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Template done for a brush gaurd.

reamer
I have a template in the works to cut the side plates for the brush guard, Local steel shop can supply 2.5" tube, so when pricing a "new guard, they want $350 for the guard and another $350 shipping.
I'm thinking I can cut the sides, and mount tabs and you can get your own tubes.....
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Template done for a brush gaurd.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  You'll have quite the Bullnose industry going.  Can you also indicate where the tubes go?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Absolutely,and that's Free of charge!
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by reamer
Laser?
Plasma?
Water Jet?....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Plasma
Reply | Threaded
|

Rogue_Wulff
Nice! Having the side plates will allow guys to use whatever kind of tubing and/or expanded metal that meets their own needs.
1980 F150 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel NV4500 2.75 ratio 9"
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
This post was updated on .
I can supply anyone the side plates and 4 of the bolt-tabs (2 to mount guard to bumper bolt locations and 2 for lights).  Shipping them flat, you can save a crapload over an assembled guard.

Flap-disk sanded and "rough" install of side plates, WOW! they Fit! Will cut some tubes this afternoon....

only had enough stock for one tube today....
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
You are making it happen and ought to be proud of your accomplishments!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Indeed he should.  

Ron - I have an original Ford-branded brush guard.  Would it be helpful for me to measure where the tubes are attached and the sizes of the tubes?  That way someone could replicate the original brush guard.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, I no longer have the one that was on Darth, but should have some pictures. I know it was hefty enough that when a jerk from New Jersey cut in front of me when I was towing the 5th wheel then slammed on his brakes due to traffic it bent the back bumper on his Chevy 2500 under nearly 90° and the only damage I had was a small nick in the rubber pad on one side.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
HI Gary
Sure! and data is appreciated....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
How 'bout data pictures?  

The "legs" are 3/8" plate

The insides of the legs are 34" apart

The top "bar" is actually a piece of rolled plate that is round on top and flat on the bottom, but with a short lip turned up.  It is 3 1/2" top/bottom and 2 1/2" front/back

The countersunk screws for the top bar are centered 1 9/16" down and 1 9/16" back

The bottom bar is a 2 1/2" tube

The countersunk screws for the bottom bar are centered 12 7/8" down and 1 9/16" back

The light-mounting tabs are 2" long with 9/16" holes in them and they are centered 6 5/8" from the inside of the legs

If there are any other details you want please let me know.

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
I'm confused on how this mounts? My frame rails are 40" apart.
The guard I've made mounts to the frame on the outside of the channels.
From the Outside of the frame rails is 40.250"

Could ya "place" it on you beast?
I do like the "FORD" embossed top bar, hmmmmmm, wonder how I can do that??????
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Perhaps I mis-measured?  I'll check again tomorrow.  But I can't put it on Big Blue 'cause there's a huge winch bumper and winch there.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary,
Are you sure your brush guard is from a Bullnose truck?

The front of the frame changed pretty dramatically from the previous generation.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Lookin more like it fits a Ranger truck of the 80"s?????

And if you are not going to use it I know a place....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I was told it is from a Bullnose, but I really don't know for sure.  I will carry it down and see if it fits Huck, which has the later frame.  And, it is sitting beside a few Bullnose front bumpers so I can see if the outline and bolt holes match.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Here is the best picture I have of the one that was on Darth, I have no idea who made it but it was definitely substantial. Last seen, I gave it to my son's neighbor in WV.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here's Jerry/Ozark1's mounted on his Bullnose.  Looks just like mine.  Will measure, again, after i finish this fresh cup of Joe and get out to the shop.  I'm guessing I mis-measured.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
My bull bar indeed measures 34" between the uprights.  And it is a perfect fit on a front bumper.

But Dad's frame measures 40" outside/outside, so these bars don't mount to the frame.  Look at the pic of Jerry's and you'll see some hardware at the bottom.  I'll ask him for some pics to clarify.