farmboy60
What the prices have gone crazy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tailgate trim panel [E0TZ-99425A34-A] - NOS

delco1946
I did a thing

It'll look great on my truck. Now I just need a nos tailgate to go with it....
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
delco1946 wrote
I did a thing
 SOLD! [quickly]
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by delco1946
delco1946 wrote
It'll look great on my truck. Now I just need a nos tailgate to go with it....
I believe that would be: E0TZ-9940700-A
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Thanks for that tailgate part number! Do you (or anyone) know how the deco trim plate attaches? I can only find one NOS tailgate with that part number but it shows FORD stamped in the sheet metal of the tailgate. Does this interfere with the deco trim plates ability to go over this raised lettering??? I guess I would have thought the tailgate surface would be flat and smooth........but that would mean Ford would have to make multiple versions of said tailgate.

Shipping an actual tailgate will be expensive so I would need to know its the right part....and in my experience the person on the other end usually isn't willing to find it, snap a pic, and text it to me (sadly).
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Congrats on the purchase!
They all have FORD but the ones with the trim panels have holes in them. Big holes on the rear panel and then smaller on the bed side.
The trim has vertical brackets with screw receptacles that fit into the big hole and then a screw coming in from the bed side secures them.

The trim in the photo is the same as yours but the tailgate is an 85/86. Only mentioned as the holes may be in vastly different places - never taken measurements to compare. The later trim does utilize holes on the extreme flanges that yours won't.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
If I remember correctly, the brackets will move a little in the trim panel, so that placement of the holes doesn't have to be exact, although you need to pay attention to the inside of the tailgate because you don't want the screws to end up in one of the ribbed sections of the tailgate. So you need to place all the holes carefully.