classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tacho meter wiring

Andre
Hi Guys,

Its been a while, but was occupied with other things, but back on track with the Bronco again.

As I still had issues with the radio staying on etc, and ECU boxes and AC  removed, I had a lot of wiring under the dashboard left, that needed to be removed.

Found the issue with the radio, staying on when engine shut down, the rear view camera constant plus did leave the radio powered through the camera =+

Removed the Purple/Green resistance wire, that became very hot when running, with the MSD ready to run and Blaster 2 vibration coil, I dont need the resistance wire. I use the White/Blue wire now to have a constant 12Volts ( including charging power) to the coil. Did found out that I needed to leave the Brown/Purple wire, to bypass the 12 volts at the moment of cranking the engine, the White/Blue wire does not have 12 volts when cranking to start.

Removed all wiring that was related to AC and ECU, that is no longer required.

Now comes to issue, when doing all this, I was able to remove the Red/Yellow dotted wire from the cluster connecter, and removed a green wire, the Green/Yellow dotted tach wire is still in place, but the tach meter is not working anymore.

Anybody any idea where I went wrong, went through all the forums, but cant find the answer.

Regards in advance
Andre
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tacho meter wiring

1986F150Six
Administrator
A green wire, originating at the coil triggers the tachometer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Andre
The wire that comes from the coil and going into the tach input at the dash is green with a yellow dot, and still installed
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Andre
I think I figured it out with the EVTM drawing, as I removed the R/Y H input 13 on the cluster, there is no power going to the tach meter. As I dont have a seat belt warning anymore, I was under the impression this input was no longer required, but now I see that it does need this input to the tach. Will check when daylight is back up.
Just got to solder it back between the fuse box and input 13.
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Youre a brave man for digging into the wiring harness!
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems