Swap meet idea...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap meet idea...

1986F150Six
I will bring a hand full of license plates from my home state of Alabama. If anyone else likes the idea, they can bring some from their state [or country] and we can swap plates. That way, we all can have unusual plates to hang on the walls of our "man caves"!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap meet idea...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good idea!  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in bac, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
That's a good idea, I'll have to see if I can remember that!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I'll bring a few with me.  I'm sure I've got some laying around.
"Daily Driver" 1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, Edelbrock Carb swapped from the Holley
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And I'll look some up as well.  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in bac, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Just refreshing this thread, since the show will soon be. I will have some from Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and maybe Texas. I would love to swap for states to the north and from other countries.

I like to hang them in my "man cave"!  
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Just a reminder as it is only 11 more days! Bring other items to swap or sell, as well!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I've got a handful in the passenger door already in place so I don't forget to grab them later!
"Daily Driver" 1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, Edelbrock Carb swapped from the Holley
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I'm gonna bring some license plates (Colorado & Illinois IIRC), some steering wheel stuff (I'd like to get one of them working on my own truck, the rest are free) and a non-AC dash frame that I'll never use (I later decided on factory AC, kinda like Fuzzy).

David - I rarely ever see Medium-duty-sized stuff out at my favorite yard anymore, it's been under new ownership for the past ~10 years and they're shrinking way back. The (non-self-service) yard next to them closed down recently, too.

I've also got a collection  of tools + spare parts + Qty 3 5-gal plastic gas cans that are coming along for the ride.

Does anybody need/want anything transported between here & there?

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Great idea. I have collected about 100 plates now. I have many Kentucky plates. I'd be willing to do some tradin'!!
Ray Cecil
1982 Flareside 300 Six, Hedman Headers, 4x4, SROD 4 Speed, 1 Wire HEI "Little Blue 82"....
1969 Impala Custom Coupe, 86,000 miles, 327, Powerglide.
1999 Silverado, 346,000 miles, 5.3 Automatic Z71 4WD
2008 Tahoe (wife's)

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Ray Cecil wrote
Great idea. I have collected about 100 plates now. I have many Kentucky plates. I'd be willing to do some tradin'!!
That is the idea!

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Hey thanks for the idea on trading plates. I got a few that I needed. I left a few in the back of your truck too. Nice truck by the way. Sorry I had to jet quickly, had things to take care of before leaving for Kentucky.
Ray Cecil
1982 Flareside 300 Six, Hedman Headers, 4x4, SROD 4 Speed, 1 Wire HEI "Little Blue 82"....
2008 Tahoe (wife's)

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
This post was updated on .
Well, Ray, I have just now gotten around to the follow-up on this thread and now can appreciate who left the extra plates. Thank you so very much and it was a pleasure meeting you.

I want to thank all the others who participated! I have new ones to add to the wall of my "man cave"!

Let's do it again next year!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
1986F150Six wrote
Well, Cecil, I have just now gotten around to the follow-up on this thread and now can appreciate who left the extra plates. Thank you so very much and it was a pleasure meeting you.

I want to thank all the others who participated! I have new ones to add to the wall of my "man cave"!

Let's do it again next year!
I'll try to have a truck next year. I just let my renter down there extend his lease 6 months. So in the spring time I will be selling it. I'll have fat stacks burnin a hole in my pocket. So....i've really got my eye on a bullnose flareside, bronco, or a 65' F100....I really like the mid 60's F100's.

Ray Cecil
2008 Tahoe (wife's)