Suspension

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Suspension

El Chapo
So now that I’ve mostly completed the interior work on my 86 Bronco and have been driving it mostly on short trips and some freeway driving. I’m turning my focus to the suspension I would like to smooth out the ride it seems extremely rough riding to me I know it’s a bronco but geeze this thing hits back hard!!, I didn’t do myself any favors in this regard by having BF Goodrich all terrain tires installed.🤷🏽‍♂️ So here’s my question? where should I start I’m assuming all of bushings and bearings are all original the Rancho shocks seem to be an aftermarket add on but since it sat here in the desert for 10 years I’m thinking everything needs to be gone through? I’m up for anything although I’ll wait till it’s not 110 degrees still🥵
86 Bronco XLT “La Bronkita” Tow/light pkg. 302/EFI, BW1345
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Suspension

grumpin
Couldn’t hurt to look everything over and install new shocks.

And I’ll add that my 92 Bronco rides rough, I have BFG KO2’s on it with newer Monroe gas magnums. It’ll smooth out at speed, but I have overdrive, which I think helps.

With the short wheelbase I’ve said that the Broncos are aptly named!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
Thx I’ll start there.
Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
In reply to this post by El Chapo
New shocks, good ones. Check the load rating on your tires, if yours are heavy duty they will ride like crap. No harm in airing down the tires a couple psi either. Check your body mounts too
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
Thx what’s your recommendation on the best shocks I really need to tame this thing down!!