Supplemental Gauge for Fuel Pressure

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Supplemental Gauge for Fuel Pressure

Dyn Blin
I was lucky enough to have someone pay attention to my wish list for supplemental gauges for my truck, and gifted me a gauge for Christmas.  I'm finally getting a chance to do some "want to's" vs "have to's" on the ox this weekend,  & when I opened the box, I realized I was sent a gauge I can't use, and Amazon/Vendor will not accept a return.

The brand is MaxTow (New Jersey based company)
Made in Taiwan
52mm or 2 1/16"
Electronic sensor (included)
Stepper Motor for the analog reading
Also has digital reading
Lighting presets for day and night
Backlight is BLUE
100 PSI max range

Details here:  https://www.maxtow.com/black-blue-maxtow-100-psi-fuel-pressure-gauge/

It's new in the box with all the installation accouterments.  I haven't even opened it.  

Since it was a gift, offer what you think is fair and I'll get it shipped out to someone that can make use of it and use the proceeds for a gauge I can use.  Feel free to post questions & communicate with me via the "send an email" function in my profile.  
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Supplemental Gauge for Fuel Pressure

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mark - Sorry about that.  What gauge, or type of gauge, were you planning to get?  I'm curious what your plans are.  But probably something in the 0 to 10 psi range?

And if you want to respond via email instead of here that's certainly understandable.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
The funny thing is- I was never looking for a fuel pressure gauge to begin with.   I had put on an amazon wish list a water temp and oil pressure option.  The gifter somehow ordered the fuel pressure instead.  After Amazon/vendor rejected my return request (due to time), I don't want to belabor them with more effort for a remedy especially if it can be played forward.   It's an attractive unit,  too.

I'm not sure if anyone with our era of truck can make good use of the range, but figured maybe someone had a hot rod it might be of use for.  I also posted it on a Volvo forum I used to frequent in case anyone that is running their Swedish Brick on the track can use it.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That makes sense about the other gauges.  Too bad.

From what I've seen the fuel pressure on the EFI engines on these trucks runs about 35 psi.  So that gauge is overkill for them, but could be used.

I looked it up on their website and they are talking about using it on diesel engines.  I wonder what the fuel pressure runs on the IDI's?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
This post was updated on .
Well, that would explain why the sample marketing image shows the needle at 35.

Good question on the deisel.   I seem to recall an upper range between 110 & 120 for the 6.9 and 7.3 when I fell in love with a sample here a few months back (unrequited, the seller was a strange bird).  Excess fuel was pushed through a valve to cool the injection pump before returning to the tank, if I recall correctly.   Neat system.

Looks like between the two of us,  we'll talk anyone here out of taking it!

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry.  Obviously that wasn't my intent.  But, I will admit it might have been the result.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Aw, we're all kindred spirits here.  I'd feel best knowing if someone wants it, they know they can use it.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150