classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Subscriptions

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've just realized that very few people have "subscribed" to get email notifications on this forum.  And, unlike many other forums, you have to choose to subscribe rather than the forum doing it for you.

You may assume that posting in a thread/topic subscribes you to that thread/topic, but it doesn't.  In fact, if someone posts w/o replying to your specific post you won't get notified that anything happened.

There are three levels of subscription:

1) Bullnose Forum (Top Level): This subscribes you to the whole forum and you will get notified, either by individual email for each post or a daily roll-up.

2) Sub-forums: You can subscribe to one or more of the sub-forums, like New Members Start Here or
        Resources.  And, on each of those you can choose individual email notification or a daily roll-up.

3) Thread/Topic: Or, you can chose to be notified of any post in a thread/topic as you reply.

Here's how to subscribe at the top level.  While on the Bullnose Forum top level click on "Options" and then "Edit", as show below:

Then you'll see the screen shown below.  You can choose to get an email for every message/post or for just new topics.  And then you can choose to get individual emails or a daily digest/roll-up.

And, to subscribe to the 2nd level, lets play like we are subscribing to Resources.  Go to the Resources sub-forum/folder and again click on Options.

If you then click on Subscribe Via Email you'll see the screen below.  Note that since I'm subscribed at the top level then I'm automatically subscribed to the 2nd and 3rd levels.

Now, to subscribe to an individual thread/topic you have two options.  First, go to that thread/topic and click on Options/Subscribe Via Email as before:

Or, you can subscribe as you reply by ticking the box at the bottom that says "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread".

Simple?  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Subscriptions

Ray Cecil
Subscribed!
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
To what?  You don't show at the top level.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Ray - You may be subscribed to a thread/topic, but you aren't subscribed to the whole of the Bullnose Forum nor any of the sub-forums like Resources, New Members Start Here, Projects, etc.  So you will not be getting notifications of new topics nor new posts - unless those posts are in direct response to a post of yours.

All - Nabble works in a very strange way it seems to me.  Unless you overtly subscribe at some level the only notifications you will receive are due to someone replying to your post.  

However, I can send any or all of you a subscription invitation and with one click you will be subscribed to the forum and get email notifications.  If you want me to send you one then respond to this post.  Please.

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Yep. Looks like the email notifications have restarted.

If I recall correctly, there was some sort of change in the forum a few months back that required you to sign in again. Usually, I just remain signed in. I think that's the point where the email notifications stopped previously.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wasn't aware that subscriptions changed then.  But anyway, glad you are now getting them again.

I think the way this forum (Nabble) works on subscriptions is backwards, but it is what it is as they are busily working on a new version and this one is in maintenance mode.  So, we will have to live with what we have and then see if the new one is better.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, you can send me that email. Also, looks like my password worked here at home. I must have some sort of thing on my work computer that messes with the coding for this website. I wouldn't worry about it anymore Gary.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - You beat me to it as you are now subscribed at the top level.  Well done!  

And, glad you've figured out where the password problem is.  Thanks.