classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stock Steelies With Larger Tires

Nickelplate
Hey all!

A few months ago, I got rid of my vintage turbine wheels (they were out of round and impossible to balance), painted up my original steelies and put the 31" tires on those instead. Well, the offset on the OEM steelies was more positive than the offset on the turbines and now I can't use my full turning radius because the tires rub.

I'm loath to use spacers, so I am wondering if anyone knows of any stock-looking steelies that have the 3 threaded mounting holes for the stock center caps, but with a negative offset. Is that even a thing?
1986 Bronco. 5.0L, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI, Baumann-controlled 4r70w, 3.55 gears, 31" tires.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stock Steelies With Larger Tires

JimJam300
Are you talking about wagon wheels or poverty-spec steelies?

When I was shopping I never found any aftermarket wheels that can use Ford center caps, so I got some 15x8s and found aftermarket chrome center caps which aren't as good or convenient as the Ford ones because they come out with the wheel and fall on the ground...
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stock Steelies With Larger Tires

Nickelplate
I am talking about the wagon wheels, yeah. Sorry about that.
1986 Bronco. 5.0L, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI, Baumann-controlled 4r70w, 3.55 gears, 31" tires.