classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Splice code help

1bigD
Hi there,

I figured out what the numbers are in front of the color of wire on the electrical wiring diagrams once I saw the circuit list on the documentation site. The question I have is, what is the T/O in the splice code on the wiring diagram? ie "near T/O to the headlamp switch"

Davin

Splice code 
Davin, Northern California, '86 F250 6.9, T-19 4X4 T-19 with 3.55.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Splice code help

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I've only seen that in the EVTM, but I believe it means that the pressure welded splice is taped over in the harness.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

1bigD
Jim, thank you that makes sense now.
Davin, Northern California, '86 F250 6.9, T-19 4X4 T-19 with 3.55.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Actually I believe it stands for "take out" where a harness branches.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

81f100custom
I did run across this at some point when I was wondering the same thing. Did not really say exactly what the T/O means unless like stated above.

The abbreviation T/O is used in the component location section to indicate a point in which the wiring harness branches out to a component.

Upon a little further digging I did find a document that stated what Bill said above exactly.
Eddie,
81 F100 Custom SWB, 5.0L, 4x2, Single Rail Four-Speed Overdrive, 3.00 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle, Non A/C truck to complete 85 F150 factory A/C conversion, Nutmeg interior color.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Thank you for the correction!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I thought it was Taped Over as well.
Glad this question was asked
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole