Spectre Performance SPE-733 Low Profile Air Box Kit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spectre Performance SPE-733 Low Profile Air Box Kit

Gsmblue
Has anyone got any experience of these Spectre air boxes? Seems to be a couple of options..

https://www.spectreperformance.com/733-spectre-airbox-kit

Asking for a friend πŸ˜‰
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spectre Performance SPE-733 Low Profile Air Box Kit

351FUN
I run that box actually.  I don't think I have any pics, but I'm running it with the intake tubes to the firewall.  Pulls in air from the footwells inside, wanted a snorkel but hate how they look so now I get cool clean air without some plastic junk on the fender.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Interesting, I have read that the box doesn’t seal up and there is some conjecture as to whether this is by design or not, what do you think?

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

351FUN
It definitely doesn't seal up, and I assume it's just poorly designed.  You can fix it easy enough with a little foam or something but it seals to the filter so it isn't an engine concern, just a why did I buy this concern.  
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
It looks like a cross between an Oldsmobile W30 and a 1964 Thunderbolt (just only has one carburetor instead of two).
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
If you're wondering about installation, just remove your headlights (you don't need them) and run the intake hoses to the brackets. Boom, race truck.
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
πŸ˜‚

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by JimJam300
If you find a picture of a 1964 Thunderbolt, the hoses went where the high beam headlights would normally be. Oldsmobile had scoops under the bumper that went to the air cleaner.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
85lebaront2 wrote
If you find a picture of a 1964 Thunderbolt, the hoses went where the high beam headlights would normally be. Oldsmobile had scoops under the bumper that went to the air cleaner.
You can still get a new Challenger with ram air through the high beams from the dealership!
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

351FUN
Yup they still do that.  That gets you road air though, and if you're running dirt behind someone you definitely don't want that lol.  My filters have looked brand new even after months of use after swapping to this setup, just gets a bit loud when the secondaries open.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I am going to add this to the list for next year then.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

351FUN
Found a pic of the passenger side