Sourcing Parts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sourcing Parts

emunder
I am wanting to get my stock air cleaner setup put back to factory form. Where can you source these 2 parts? I've been looking everywhere and nothing pops up. Am I going to be forced to scour junk yards or watch eBay?

1986 Ford F150 XLT 4X4. 300 I6 w/ 4 speed manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sourcing Parts

grumpin
I found my inlet duct and hose at a u pull it.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
Thanks man I appreciate it. I just called a local yard by me and they have a few bullnoses out there so I'm going to see what I can find. Like a needle in a haystack lol.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by emunder
You can get the full part # for 9C675 from this page: Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Tube #'s.  With that you may be able to find NOS parts.

However, the check valve in the vacuum line on the snorkel hasn't been listed on the site.  So, I've added a new page: Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Check Valves.  Please check it out to see if it works for you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
You can get the full part # for 9C675 from this page: Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Tube #'s.  With that you may be able to find NOS parts.

However, the check valve in the vacuum line on the snorkel hasn't been listed on the site.  So, I've added a new page: Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Check Valves.  Please check it out to see if it works for you.
The air cleaner check valve in the O.P. photo looks to be green & white [not listed]. Perhaps it began as blue and white?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1975-1982-FORD-MUSTANG-302-V8-AIR-CLEANER-VACUUM-VALVE-ASBY-D8AZ-9E897-A/361984828819?hash=item5447fa2593:g:ZoQAAOSwq1JZH50p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-1979-1982-Ford-Mustang-Air-Cleaner-Vacuum-Valve-Control-Assembly/192747773040?epid=1611216487&hash=item2ce0a99c70:g:RoYAAOSwNphcBuNY

Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks Gary...I was already looking at your drawings & searched the part number up online and nothing came up at all. Next step is taking a look at some junk yards to see what they have.

1980F150Six: I wonder if those would work as a replacement. Maybe I'll try & cross reference the 2 part numbers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
I looked all over my friend had a D8AZ-9E897-A on his and I ordered one. Hopefully its the right one lol.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They are check valves, and the only difference I can see is how strong the spring is that pushes the ball against the seat.  And that will determine how much vacuum it takes to open the check valve.

What is strange to me is that some of the air cleaners had them and some didn't.  I would have thought that with the common design that if one needed a check valve they all would have.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
In reply to this post by Danny G
So that's the valve for the Mustang correct? Let me know how that works out! They are readily available online. Be nice if it functioned the same as the stock valve.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Whats strange is the blue and white is an option on the link Gary gave, green and white is not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
They are check valves, and the only difference I can see is how strong the spring is that pushes the ball against the seat.  And that will determine how much vacuum it takes to open the check valve.

What is strange to me is that some of the air cleaners had them and some didn't.  I would have thought that with the common design that if one needed a check valve they all would have.  
Yea so many options. My air cleaner has a TVS on it so it is obviously not the factory air cleaner. While  the TVS is an option it is not on my vacuum diagram.

If I was the OP I would make sure all these parts are on my vacuum, there is no telling what PO's did.

If you need the Bi-metal valve on the top of the air cleaner they can be had on Ebay for $20 NOS.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
In reply to this post by emunder
I've got a brand new flexible duct I ordered that was too short for my use, happy to send it your way.  Send me a note to my email while I find it to measure it to see if you can use it.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150