classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Some more Ford special tools

85lebaront2
Administrator
For those of you who have been following the rear disc brake conversion thread, I had already bought a number of years ago two extremely important tools for the 10.25" Sterling axle, one was the special hub nut wrench, I bought from a Snap-On truck, the other I bought form my favorite eBay seller, TKIT 1985-FH-1, the Sterling specific tools. Everything was there except the shim driver and the hub nut wrench. Since I had the wrench I wasn't super concerned about it missing and felt I could work around the shim driver as the aftermarket kits come with a selection of various thickness thinner shims. Recently I found I needed the seal installer for the updated seals and was able to buy that and the preceding T80T kit that is actually listed a front axle tool kit and a T75T-1225-A outer hub bearing cup installer. The rear hub seals went through a series of changes (Gary has the TSBs on the site) so there are 3 different seal installers, the first one is part of the TKIT 1985-FH-1 kit, and is T85T-1175-AH, the second tool is for the first seal update, seal PN F0TZ-1177-A and requires tool T91T-1175-A, the second update added a slinger and a slightly reduced length cone and roller on the inner bearing .032" shorter, PN F4TZ-1244-A, slinger F4TZ-1250-A and a new seal F4TZ-1177-B, which requires a still different driver, T93T-1175-A which is relieved for the protruding portion of the seal casing.

As a result I have a nice set of all the tools needed to rebuild a Sterling 10.25" axle and hubs.

Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413