So who has parts vehicles?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

So who has parts vehicles?

PetesPonies
I need some things for my '82. mostly interior pieces.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: So who has parts vehicles?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Maybe you should tell us what you are looking for. I'm having a show and swap meet in Saturday, so....
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Need a speaker cover for driver door panel. I need some seatbelt covers for the shoulder belts. My covers are deteriorated, from the sun I'm sure.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You will have to be more specific. By "speaker cover" I suspect you mean #23864 as shown on Interior/Door Panels.  If so, we need to know if you have manual windows vs power windows, and manual vs power door locks.  Also, I think all of those will be Rosewood, but I'm not sure of that, so please tell us if that is what you need.

As for the "seatbelt covers for the shoulder belts", I don't know which pieces you mean.  Can you give us the number from the illustration on Interior/Seat Belts?  And, what color?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I didn't mention color because I don't care about the color, good condition is all I want. This is a base model truck. No power at the door. The speaker cover is separate from the door panel. Looks to snap into place. It might be 23864 in the illustration. On same illustration, the belt cover might be 60230. Thanks
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
If it is a non-headliner base model I think I've got a pair of the seat belt retractor covers. I pulled them out of my parts truck before I sent it away, but I don't remember how good the condition is or isn't. I can check when I get back from Oklahoma. I have some speaker covers but they are pretty rough and I got them to make into brushed aluminum clones of the medium duty version. These are a bit of a tough find. There is an eBay auction for a pair going on that may interest you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222640900945 

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Thanks, my speaker covers/grilles don't look like that. They are just a grill, same color as door panel. If you cn check on the retractor covers, that would be great.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
PetesPonies wrote
Thanks, my speaker covers/grilles don't look like that. They are just a grill, same color as door panel. If you cn check on the retractor covers, that would be great.
The only other removeable speaker grille cover that I can think of is the type found in 85/85 XLT style doors with the cloth insert. Is that what you have? I may have one of those or may be able to find one...

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pete - It would help if you would post pics. As Jonathan said or implied, what you have doesn't sound right for an '82, as you can probably tell from the parts list.

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Passenger side is still good.

r side is still good.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting!  I've never seen one of those. All I've seen are either part of the door panel itself or of the Rosewood type Jonathan posted. And I thought I'd seen them all.

But, it shows in the catalog on my page here. Note that for 1982 there is one w/o woodgrain insert w/o bright finish moulding. That one, E1TZ 1023943, should be the one you are looking for. You might want to look on eBay as I've never seen one. But I will look tomorrow at the swap meet. 👍

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Cool thanks
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pete - The only door panels at the swap meet yesterday were not those with the separate cover.  Sorry.

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
No biggie, thanks. I'm heading to Charlotte at the end of the week for the Auto Fair. I miss Carlisle because Charlotte is maybe, half the size . . but it's my only opportunity since I moved south. Did the door panels also come with a insulation on the inside of them from the factory?
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think they did come with insulation.  But I'm not sure that they all had the same amount of insulation.  

Haven't been to Charlotte, but have been to Carlisle several times when we lived in SE PA.  But, those trips were for Chryslers at Carlisle as I also have a '69 Bee.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
My sense is those speaker grilles were never intended to be replaceable/removable, kinda like the chrome trim that's on some of those panels that's just held on with tabs that extend thru the plastic and are bent to affix the trim into place.

Pete - you might consider aftermarket speaker grilles, I'd guess you'd need to go to a JY to disassemble some door panels and see if you can remove the speaker grilles without breaking them - which might be an ordeal depending on the fragility of the plastic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pete - How 'bout showing us a pic or two of the grille itself?  We talked about them at the get-together this weekend and no one remembered them.  Are there any #'s on the back?

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I haven't pulled them off yet. I'm still waiting on the title, hopefully tomorrow. So I'm not driving it. To some, the better op to dig into it, but I'll get to it soon enough. Those grilles move, so they are loose or appear to snap into place. That's why I asked about them. They aren't just some perforation. I want to sound proof the inside, so at least it feels more like my Ranger does. I'l probably add carpet, insulation behind door panels etc. I will be recoloring some parts, so I'll have it all apart inside for a quicky redo or update.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, sounds like a plan. What do you use for sound deadening? And what do upyou use for painting vinyl or plastic trim?

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Well typically I'm not a big soundproof person. I usually leave stuff OEM. But i feel this low entry f100 hasn't even what was put int the upper models. I'll just use some jute on backs of door panels and floor. Now as far as interior coloring . .yes definitely a certain product. I use Colorbond. It's available in spray cans or bulk for spraying using a gun. It works really well, no complaints. Its more expensive than others, but really in a class of it's own as for performance.

https://www.colorbondpaint.com
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco