Sliding rear glass seals?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sliding rear glass seals?

FoxFord33
Anyone have a good line on where to look for these seals to replace my cracked ones? They seem to be the same from 80 to 96, but I haven't found where I can just get the seals to replace. Any ideas?
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sliding rear glass seals?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Shaun just installed the LMC seal, as described here awa in a few later posts.

However, if you aren't in search of a new one I think there's one hanging in the shop that came out of Huck, the '90 half-truck.  Come by and get it, but not 'til tonight as we are in the big city right now, or tomorrow or on your day off.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Shaun just installed the LMC seal, as described here awa in a few later posts.

However, if you aren't in search of a new one I think there's one hanging in the shop that came out of Huck, the '90 half-truck.  Come by and get it, but not 'til tonight as we are in the big city right now, or tomorrow or on your day off.  
The one I put in came from NPD.
Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
Hmm...
I did see that, however, I may be calling what I am looking for by the wrong name...
I see Shaun's is a single piece of glass. What I am looking for is the smaller seals which would refurbish the track in which the rear 1/3 window slides to each side. Does that part have a different name? Rear window tracks?
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It is apparently a complex issue.  Here's the illustration of what I suspect is your back glass, as "83/" means it is from 1983 to the end of the catalog, which was 1989.

So, which parts?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
Wowee! That's the closest pic anybody has got! However, it's hard to tell from that which pieces are rubber...But, I know from my windows that the main pieces are the top and bottom 422B68. I will try a search with this to see what I can find--er--Google can find.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
WAIT!  I don't think you understand Ford's numbering scheme.  422B68 is the basic part number, but it needs a prefix, like E8TZ, and a suffix, like A.

Let me see.....    Input mode kicking in!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
E3TZ 10422B68-B
82/ F100/350 - - w/sliding back window
88/ (Super Duty)

Since it is for 1982 and later, I'll bet it is for your truck as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
I believe you are right. I wish I could find an easier site than the Parts Giant... I'm including a pic of my situation, as well. That way I can look at it and refer to the exploded view you posted.

...okay... so the window reflected across the street and the lower seal I was focused on did not turn out that great...

But it is that rubber/plastic strip that lays in the track on the outside of the windows. I think I'm right on the callout number, so I think your full part number should be correct.

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
Found it! Well, not really yet, but I found the right number for my vehicle, and it's possible that the part number you found would work. They call this part a "filler, center." For a 93, though, the actual part number is F3TZ15422B68A. Now for more research. Thanks for your help!

Update: NOBODY has anything like this for sale. Where do you guys go for discontinued parts?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm just about to buy a copy of the 1990 to probably '99 master parts catalog, which would have let me answer the question here.  (And, let me know what F350's can be a donor for Big Blue's transformation.)

Anyway, glad you found it.  Let us know how it goes.