classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Show Planning - T-Shirts Help, Please!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I need your input, ASAP.  As discussed on another thread, I'm planning on having t-shirts made for the "helpers" at the show this year.  That way people can pick them out to ask questions, realize they are "official", etc.  And, they'll have something to take home and spread the "good news".

Given that, I need to come up with a design.  In another discussion this morning someone asked about the license plate that David made for me, and looking at it I had the idea of using his design as the basis for the t-shirts.  But I've realized that the oval and scripted "Ford" are a trademark and those things are closely protected.

In fact, I now remember that I had this discussion last year with the local print shop when I had banners made and we came to the conclusion that the proper thing to do was to use the correct blue for the banner and just have them say FORD in block letters.  So, given that I'm thinking the t-shirts should match the banners, which are shown in the pic below.

One approach would be to have the back show as below and nothing on the front:

Gary's Garagemahal

FORD

Truck Show

Another would be to add something on the front in a small font like:

Bullnose Forum
garysgaragemahal.com

Or:
Gary's Garagemahal
the Bullnose bible
garysgaragemahal.com

But, I'd love to have your thoughts.  PLEASE?  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Show Planning - T-Shirts Help, Please!

1986F150Six
Administrator
Keep it simple... go with your 1st idea: Gary's Garagemahal FORD Truck Show on the back.
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I like the front & back approach; a small, understated thing on the top-front left (right when viewed from front) and a much larger something on the back.

Similar to this t-shirt I got at Bandimere speedway last weekend at the Mile High Nationals; the front has a small graphic on front:

And a much larger one on back. :)

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
My vote is for option 1. I like Chris’ idea to have a smaller item on the front, but I can’t think of what. I think the text you have for the back (Gary’s Garagemahal FORD Truck Show) is perfect and should not be broken up.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In Option 2, which is what Chris voted for, I'd have something on the front, about where a pocket would be, in a small font like:

Bullnose Forum
garysgaragemahal.com

Or:
Gary's Garagemahal
the Bullnose bible
garysgaragemahal.com

Otherwise there's really nothing that tells someone how to find us.  Yes, they can Google Gary's Garagemahal, but will they know to do that?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, as always, you are most generous and this time are paying for shirts. Make the design simple to keep prices lower or let us pay for the shirts. It is customary for participants in events or races to pay for their own shirt.

I know how you entertain guests and it is expensive.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
My 2 cent….
I'm with Chris on the front and back.
The .com large on the back so it can be read/photographed.
How about a small pickup truck where the missing pocket would go…..
Like he said, I also would like to pay for a shirt to help with the cost.

Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Also in for a *paid* shirt or two to help the cause!
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Guys - I appreciate the offer and may let you contribute to the cause.  But I am not asking for contributions and there may be others that will have them that don't contribute.  So, don't feel like it is required, please.

And Vince's idea of garysgaragemahal.com on the back, if I understand correctly, solves the problem of having the URL on the t-shirt.  I was going to do that on the front, but it isn't needed with that approach.  So, I'm wondering about the backs looking like, but with the "FORD" bigger:

garysgaragemahal.com
            FORD
        Truck Show

And, with that I'm thinking we might not want any reference to Bullnose on the shirts.  That's because the show is for all eras of Ford trucks, not just our Bullnosed ones.  So referring to them seems a slam to the others.

Also, the idea of a pickup on the front of the shirt is a good one, but it is also complex because we are then faced with deciding which one.  And, because I leave on vacation 2 weeks from today, I need to nail this down ASAP.  And if I am to find a truck outline it'll take time.  So, maybe none?

Last, I hadn't thought about others wanting a shirt even though they can't come, so I guess I need to have some extras made.  But, I don't think this is a once-in-a-lifetime offer as it is a lady at church that will make them, so if we don't have enough initially we'll just make more.  What a neat way to get the word out.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I think we have a number of things nailed down.  But I need to know sizes from those of you who are coming. (Vince, I got yours)  Or, from any of you that can't come but want to buy a shirt.  (Note: I have been planning to pay for the shirts for those who come and help, but can't make that offer for everyone else.)  It looks like the shirts will run about $10 each, but that's a guess.

First, my friend that is doing the graphics has found a Ford script that is not copyrighted, so we've settled on this for the back of the shirt, except in white:

And I've selected this t-shirt and this color:

That's to fairly well match the banners:

Hope that works for everyone.  Comments welcome, but I need to pull the trigger on this ASAP.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
XL for me, Gary.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I'll buy a 2XL.

Thanks!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent, guys!  I'll keep track and then place an order with some room for late-comers late this week or early next.

Keep those cards and letters coming in!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
I'm in for a purchased XL.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
L
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, Mark is an XL and Chris is an L.  Got it.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Chris is an "L" of a guy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
1986F150Six wrote
Chris is an "L" of a guy!
Yes he is... 😉

Gary put me down for a XL. I like the graphics! 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - You are on the list for an XL.