classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Show Flyer

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Folks - I've modified last year's show flyer to reflect the new date and slightly shorter hours - as shown below.  (Last year people were leaving long before 4:00, so we thought that we'd end this year at 2:00.  But, if people are still hanging around we aren't going to run them off.)  And I put a thread called The Flyer in the 2018 Garagemahal Ford Truck Show Planning folder.

All of this is to point to a new page (Bullnose Forum/Ford Truck Show Info) that contains links to higher quality downloadable files in case you'd like to print some of the flyers and hand them out or stick them up in your area.  Thanks in advance!  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Show Flyer

1986F150Six
Administrator
Nicely done!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.  But it was easy peasy.  I got last year's flyer in psd format, which is for Photoshop.  I opened Photoshop and discovered that she used fonts I don't have.  Googled the fonts and found them to be free, so downloaded and installed them.  Then I edited the file and presto, we had a new flyer.  It probably took less time to do than the say.

Now I'm on a quest to get more vendors signed on, which will mean I will need to update the flyer.  Oh, and I may need to add something about food, drinks, snacks as the 'utes will be providing them again this year.  However, I have already suggested that they not only serve in the gym, but also have an awning outside to sell drinks - and to point people inside.

Other ideas?  Do you agree we should say 10 - 2 instead of 10 - 4?  Thoughts?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
10:00 - 14:00! Last year's food service was just fine. The outside drinks is a good idea!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
It'll be my first meet so time wise I'm good for anything.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, does your church have a van which could be used to block the entrance from the main road, so Big Blue can be seen by the attendees? For those who were not present last year, Big Blue blocked an entrance [for traffic control], and was located just far enough away that some did not walk to enjoy seeing it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Pebcak
Don - As said, we won't be running people off.  But we need to set a time for the balloting to end so we can award and present the trophies.  (Yep, there are trophies!)  So, if people want to hang around past 2:00 that's absolutely no problem.

David - Good question.  Yes, we have a big Ford bus that we could put across the entrance.  But, my hope is that this year we will have so many trucks and vendors that we will have them all the way out to that entrance.  However, it is something we can determine on that day.  If it looks like we don't have enough I'll put the bus out there and bring Big Blue in.