Selling a C6 tranny from a 7.3 IDI

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selling a C6 tranny from a 7.3 IDI

RenoHuskerDu
Howdy, as part of the Farm Truck project click here  we discovered something nice.

The C6 tranny we pulled out was apparently rebuilt in 2018, just a few thousand miles ago. Here's the sticker on the torque converter. I called the shop that had it rebuilt, and he believes it was an ATS tranny. He had a local shop in Temple TX do the rebuild. It has the purple paint too. That would mean that it has some beefed internals from ATS.  There's no way to be sure.

It shifted fine, firm, when we ran it. But we were never satisfied with only 3 gears.

Looking on fleabay, a used C6 goes for $400 or so. Oddly, empty C6 cases also go for about the same.  I figured I'd price this one at $600 and see who bids.  What do y'all think?

Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selling a C6 tranny from a 7.3 IDI

kramttocs
Administrator
Have you tried listing locally instead of eBay?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
My sons said the same thing. So I'll try craigslist and Fakebook marketplace first.

Good idea.
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Id buy it for that price if I was nearby
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems