Seat Belts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Seat Belts

Danny G
There is a discussion going on in the FTE boards about seat belt activation mechanisms.

It appears there may be more than one kind and I don't know if it has been documented.

For my 86 the belts did not have a plunger mechanism in the door frame.
I have a 3/4 square hole under the door jamb latch that may be what it was used for.

The belts in my 86 were factory original and have been replaced with new belts that lock up when pulled to fast.

Figured this may be something to document.

1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Seat Belts

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I’m happy to document, but am out and about at the moment and can’t look at the catalog. Y’all discuss this and I’ll check when I can.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Seat Belts

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danny G
Daniel, I have an '87 and (thanks to Gary!) recently swapped out my drivers side retractor for one from his Aeronose donor half of a truck = "Huck"

With the Bricknose '87-'90 trucks the plunger hole looks like a clutch drive screw.
Basically a round center with two 'wings'

Also the lower rear of the door jamb is raised and flattened so that plunger will contact the lower rear corner of the door.
Kind of outside of the 'body' of the door radius, where the inner and outer skins are close together.

I will get a pic at lunch, if it is not raining too hard.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.