Scotty Kilmer Bullnose Review

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scotty Kilmer Bullnose Review

Rembrant
Do any of you guys ever watch Scotty Kilmer's videos on Youtube? LOL. I don't...but they pop up as suggested videos all the time...I guess that happens when you're always searching for and watching truck stuff, but anyway...here is one with a Bullnose if you haven't seen it already:

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scotty Kilmer Bullnose Review

ratdude747
He's a hack and a nutcase. I watched him for maybe 2 weeks before I was turned off. The video that did it for me was where he changed a clutch without pulling the transmission... by using a prybar. Seriously!
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I can't stand his videos. I gave this one a chance but walked away after he said you could replace a 1bbl with a 4bbl Edelbrock without describing what it takes to do that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
In reply to this post by ratdude747
ratdude747 wrote
He's a hack and a nutcase. I watched him for maybe 2 weeks before I was turned off. The video that did it for me was where he changed a clutch without pulling the transmission... by using a prybar. Seriously!
What did it for me was back in the early 2000`s I emailed him for a recommendation for a AC flush to flush the condenser on my '63 as its been open for the last some 30 years at that time.  He told me you cant flush it you have to replace it.  That is total bull cause you can flush the round tube condensers and evaporators.  You cant flush the late model stuff with the small tubes.

Another thing that really upset me was some kid said he recently rebuilt a 302 for his truck and he has about 2000 miles on the rebuild but was wondering how many miles before he could switch to synthetic oil.  scotty in his infinite stupidity told the kid you cant switch to synthetic you have to start a new build off with it.

Another time he was talking about myths said that the reason for the 2,000 mi oil change intervals was because engines didnt have oil filters and that his fathers '56 Fairlane that he serviced didnt have an oil filter on it and I instantly called bs on that telling him that Fords had oil filters for a while by time his fathers Fairlane was built and that no Y block came without a filter.  I also informed people watching the video that the 2,000 mi interval was pre pcv, once the pcv system came out the oil change interval went up to 3,000 mi and further up to 4,000 mi and by the late 70s like my 351W was citing 6,000 mi oil change intervals with oil filter change ever 12,000 mi which I honestly dont follow.

Sad thing is the guy never worked as a mechanic, the only mechanic work he ever did was in his front yard illegally.  He did work at his fathers/grandfathers shop for a period of time as a service writer not a mechanic how ever.  He went from there to writing that best selling book which made him rich then he got put on tv on the weekends.  Yet he keeps citing how many years he has as a mechanic when its not even a profession of his.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
In reply to this post by salans7
salans7 wrote
I can't stand his videos. I gave this one a chance but walked away after he said you could replace a 1bbl with a 4bbl Edelbrock without describing what it takes to do that.
He is so vague because he doesnt know anything.  He literally told a kid that he cant switch to synthetic motor oil in his 302 cause he didnt start the engine off on synthetic which no sane engine builder will tell you to run synthetic oil in a fresh rebuild.

He also constantly plugs how great his '92 toyota or what ever it is, is but yet that car hasnt been on the road since 2002 which how can you say its a great car when its been sitting not being started in 20 years.  It is a big reason why I tell people who bring him up that if you want to damage/destroy your car listen to him and follow his advice.  if you want your car to last ignore everything he says.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Speaking of ignore, YouTube always has the "Do not recommend" option.....💡

Perhaps I'm a little too liberal with it but I'm sure it has saved me countless hours wasted on BS people and falsehoods.

(I'm not even going to take a look at this handsome truck, because I don't want to give people like him the views)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
(I'm not even going to take a look at this handsome truck, because I don't want to give people like him the views)
Haha, good point. Just for the record, since it was me that posted this, I do not follow the guy, but because I'm always searching for automotive stuff, his videos often pop up, and when I saw the Bullnose I couldn't resist.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
very interesting. am i the only one who noticed the 90s doors. the 90s bench seat. the later model ac compressor etc.  im not sure what year that f100/f150 really is. heck even the carb looked to be newer than 81.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
and it certainly has the f150 frame. starting in 1983 i believe on the f100
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Speaking of ignore, YouTube always has the "Do not recommend" option.....💡

Perhaps I'm a little too liberal with it but I'm sure it has saved me countless hours wasted on BS people and falsehoods.

Yeah, all his money comes in two ways, views on YouTube because he artificially pads every video with clips or just out right reuploads old videos with new click bait titles with filler at the end of his Saturday live q&a to get over the min so he can monetize the video.  The other way is through his affiliated links, if you click any of his amazon links in his description no matter what you end up buying amazon will give me a percentage when you order if you place an order with in 24 hours.

The guy is a real sleezeball with how he makes his money and how his videos are full of click bait titles.  I heard his young son is the one that makes the videos for him on youtube and does the titling.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Haha, good point. Just for the record, since it was me that posted this, I do not follow the guy, but because I'm always searching for automotive stuff, his videos often pop up, and when I saw the Bullnose I couldn't resist.
His videos always comes up cause youtube promotes him like crazy.  I do youtube searches at work for some vehicles to locate connectors and such and they will recommend to me as the top search result a video of his about how bmw is going out of business or some bs.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Funny, but yeah, I think he's pretty much FOC! BTW, have you ever seen inside his garage/shop? I'd love to look for a tool in that mess!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
Machspeed wrote
Funny, but yeah, I think he's pretty much FOC! BTW, have you ever seen inside his garage/shop? I'd love to look for a tool in that mess!
he gave most of that away and left the rest.  He moved last year up to Tennessee he has a new home with a semi sunken garage.  What shocked me is his little 92/93 toyota that he brags on that hasnt moved in his back yard since around 2002 or so he took and towed that piece of junk to Tennessee with him instead of just junking it since it doesnt run.
Reply | Threaded
|

CRittaler
In reply to this post by Rembrant
I've seen his videos pop up from time to time, but haven't watched any.  One person I do follow though is Derek (Vice Grip Garage).
Chris
1985 Ford F250 XLT SuperCab
ZF5-42 swapped 460 hot fuel, factory AC.
Part way through 4WD swap.

1988 Suzuki Samurai -- Daily Driver
1968 Dodge Dart -- Project car
1957 Chevy 4400 Flat Bed -- Collector Project
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
gotta love eric "o"