SHOULD I TURN ON VIEWING OPTIONS ON VOTES?????

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
36 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SHOULD I TURN ON VIEWING OPTIONS ON VOTES?????

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Some folks are having problems telling if they've voted.  I think I should turn on one or both of these viewing options immediately.  Thoughts?

Allow viewing results before vote

Allow viewing results before end date (poll creators can always view the results)

That would let you know that you have voted.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SHOULD I TURN ON VIEWING OPTIONS ON VOTES?????

86 1/2 Brutus
I know that if you look at the list and if you voted, the truck you voted for has the mark in the circle next to it.    Now I would not be against turning on the results, i think it would be kind of fun to see what is doing what.
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The yellow "Vote submitted" block at the top of the page was pretty obvious... Maybe there are issues? Have the vote totals increased significantly from your last update? I mean my comment about 52 votes was a joke, so I'm a little confused about 18 odd votes per category... Surely members haven't gone through the trouble of submitting an entry and then not voting? Or are people thinking they shouldn't vote if they have and entry???
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think it varies by device and browser.  I got a call last evening from someone that couldn't see that he had voted, and no matter what we did it wouldn't show him the yellow "you voted" bar.

Ok, I'm going to turn those options on .....  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, results turned on.  Go look!  

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Sac79
I have to admit that I was supprised that there were more then eight or nine votes in this as of yesterday. The truck of the month contest only gets that many plus or minus, out of 800 plus members.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
Steve, with a handful of entries the interest in the 'Truck picture of the month' is significantly less. And the votes for that are from regular members.There are 52 entries in the virtual show, so at the very least I would have expected all 30-odd entrants(there were quite a few doubles) to show an interest and submit a vote. At the moment that does not appear to be the case.
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I checked and with an iPhone X and using Safari I didn't get the yellow banner saying my vote was counted.  But I closed that page and opened it again and the radio button where I voted was still pushed, so it was counted and remembered.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
I was hoping to see more votes by now myself, but maybe people are busy, who knows.  It is exciting to watch even though i dont think i have a prayer.  i just wish more people would vote.    seams out of all the members, i'm starting to remember everybody who talks on the forum which isnt that many it seams
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, not that it’s here nor there now that the tallies are visible, but for future reference you had to scroll (on a phone) all the way back to the top of the page to see the yellow notice that your vote was submitted. The notice appeared over other text and links and then disappeared after a few seconds. If I hadn’t been told to look for it I never would have seen it. That may account for some of the confusing amongst us smart phone zombies.

That said, I am a little baffled and disappointed at the lack of voting. As already mentioned, I would have thought at least the entrants would have voted 🤷‍♂️.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jonathan.  But the guy and called and I both scrolled back to the top on our iPhone X's and didn't see the yellow although we were looking for it.

Yes, to say the least I'm disappointed.  It was a LOT of work for everyone to create their entry and for me to put it up.  And this "turnout" isn't encouraging.  

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Sac79
Still, 27 votes for a field of 52 trucks? I figured that the truck owners would at least vote. It is sad to see all of Garys hard work  go for not. Oh well, I will shut up now.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I submitted votes for all! It was fun reading through all of them and seeing the pics.

Some of them are really difficult to choose!!

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by old55pete
I wouldn’t say it was for not, as quite a few of us have voiced how much we enjoyed the virtual show. However, when votes are fewer than the number of entrants it does make the awards and trophy recognition seem less well founded.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Ford F834 wrote
I wouldn’t say it was for not, as quite a few of us have voiced how much we enjoyed the virtual show. However, when votes are fewer than the number of entrants it does make the awards and trophy recognition seem less well founded.
Maybe in the future have it set up so that if you enter a vehicle then you must also vote in every class? Maybe that was in the instructions and I missed it anyway...

You know, if you don't vote, then you also cannot win.

Isn't there a saying like that about politics...if you don't vote then you don't get to complain about the outcome?...lol.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
On the Nabble poll I can't tell who has voted.  So I couldn't enforce that rule.

However, if we do a virtual show again I don't want to use the Nabble poll.  There are several issues with it, including that once I post the poll I can't change any of the entrants.  Can't add, delete, change spelling, etc.  So everything was done from about 8:30 to 10:30 last Wednesday in a huge flurry of work, entering 52 names 6 different times and reading them to Janey to ensure they were right.

Instead, if we do this again I hope to use a poll app and embed the poll on the website.  That way I wouldn't have the time crunch of having to do everything at the last minute, and there might be more tools with which to manage it.

As for the number of people who have voted, I wonder if it is like eBay and they'll come on at the last minute?  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Just finally had a chance to go through all of the entries and vote. Some great entries for sure, but I did notice there aren't many votes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by old55pete
Steve, I might have misunderstood your first post. It appears we are in agreement after all, very disappointing.
Rob

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
Some of them are really difficult to choose!!
Amen! A lot of great looking trucks/stories.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

skaeke
I've been on this forum for a little over a year (this being my first post O.o). Love this virtual truck show. Really enjoyed writing up a quick blurb on my frankentruck and then reading and voting on all the entries.

10/10 definitely appreciate the work Gary put in to this!
1980 F-150 2wd w/300cid & C6 -Sold 10/02/17
1983 F-150 2wd w/351w & C6 - Totaled 04/16/19
1985 F-150 4wd had 351w & C6. Now is a 390FE & NP435