S.o.s

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

S.o.s

84mikey
Hello my name is Mikey, and i have a 1984 F 250 heavy 3/4 ton 4×4 with a 5.0 and that motor has a edelbrock carburetor and im having trouble with my vacuum lines i have no ac pump or heater for that matter my problem is my vaccum line off the transmission that goes up to the vacuum housing!! Well its sucking up transmission fluid and cant figure out why, i swap all the lines and same results. Plus my transmission shift hard and when cold it goes into reverse just fine but in drive i have to rev the motor 3 or 4 times to get it to in gage  but after the transmission is warm it will go into gear just fine. If anybody has any suggestions please fill free.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: S.o.s

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome to the forum, Mikey!  
Whereabouts are you from?

I imagine you have a blown modulator.
Must be pretty smokey when your engine is sucking in all that ATF?
How is the kick down rod adjusted on that Eddy? (Do you even have one?)

Can't say I've ever seen a 5.0 in a  #6,000+ truck.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: S.o.s

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, welcome Mikey!

I'm sure Jim is exactly correct - a blown vacuum modulator on the transmission.  The amount of vacuum from the engine is supposed to determine when and how hard the transmission shifts, but the diaphragm inside the modulator has vacuum on one side and ATF on the other, so if it springs a leak you'll suck ATF into the engine.

It is replaceable from outside the transmission, and here are the part numbers:

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

(no subject)

84mikey
Thank you i will try that. My old boss gave me the truck without knowing much about it strait body lil rust, but on them older trucks thats been sitting stuff starts shutting down in the domino effect. My home town is Argyle M.O 65006

Sent on the new Sprint Network
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (no subject)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mikey - You are now on the map.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

(no subject)

84mikey
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk

Same. But this small block pulls it no problem. i realky need New Intake and some short boy headers 

Sent on the new Sprint Network
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (no subject)

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona